NEED HELP! EZ Flash IV, "No_Loader_Found"

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by KyRomite, Jul 6, 2009.

Jul 6, 2009
  1. KyRomite
    OP

Newcomer KyRomite Newbie

United States
    So, I just got my EZ Flash today from dealextreme and I can not for the life of me get it to work.

I downloaded and tried probably 10 different ezfla_up.bin files (read the tutorial wiki) and NOTHING... here is the process of my actions.

1. I put the SD in my reader my computer (formatted FAT)

2. I drag and drop the ezfla_up.bin file onto the SD

3. But the SD in the cart and and boot it holding "R"

4. all that happens and all that ever happens, is the Gameboy boot logo, then fades to a black screen that says "No_Loader_ Found" in the bottom left.

this SUCKS, im about ready to give up. Below is a rundown of the hardware im using... PLEASE anything will be helpful... Am I missing a step? Am I a complete idiot and not doing right? PLEASE HELP

Im using the fallowing

EZ FLASH IV (the one shaped like a GBA cart... Whitish/Clear)
    GBA SP (backlit, not front lit)
    2GB MicroSD (with miniSD adapter)

and again, I got the cart NEW

[​IMG]

2. Bigot

Newcomer Bigot Newbie

United States
    This sounds exactly like my old problem. I was using a microSD and minSD adapter before, and I got the exact same screen as you. I switched to a true miniSD card, and it worked fine. Try finding a miniSD card, and if doesn't work, I don't know what it is the prob.

3. KyRomite
    OP

Newcomer KyRomite Newbie

United States

Thanks man, I had a feeling this could be the problem.. I will order a true miniSD and post back with my results... in the meantime if anyone has any ideas let me know

4. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    That's really strange. The microSD/miniSD-adapter combination is working fine for me. Did it start after a while or hasn't it been working at all (@Bigot)?

5. KyRomite
    OP

Newcomer KyRomite Newbie

United States
    Really? So, does my steps sound right... I still cant get it to work, and looks I need to order a real miniSD (I hate waiting)

any chance you have the .bin file you originally used? can you send me a link or email it to me at kyle@kylerobinsincustoms.com