Hacking Need help downgrading

Super.Nova

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hello everyone.

Like and idiot, I updated my Mariko Switch to 11.0.1 before checking whether SX Core supports it or not.
I updated through ChoiDujour correctly (chose ExFAT with my memory formatted correctly) and update went smoothly.
Of course, it shows black screen afterwards and I'm royally screwed but then Atmosphere got updated to support 11.0.1 which is awesome.

I've tried to boot with Atmosphere payload in order to downgrade but it still gets stuck at a black screen.
Would someone kidlndly explain to me (duh-duh proof highly appreciated) what's my best course of action to regain functionality?

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
you cant boot Atmosphere from SX Boot Menu you need Spacecraft-NX
and dont try to downgrade with ChoiDujourNX use Daybreak that comes with Atmosphere
or better yet just use Atmosphere on 11.0.1 its the safest option + SXOS is already dying

Last edited by LyuboA,

Super.Nova

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
you cant boot Atmosphere from SX Boot Menu you need Spacecraft-NX
and dont try to downgrade with ChoiDujourNX use Daybreak that comes with Atmosphere
or better yet just use Atmosphere on 11.0.1 its the safest option + SXOS is already dying
I'm very grateful for your comment but I didn't understand half of it (that's kind of the reason why I use SX to begin with -didn't require much knowledge-).
Would you kindly explain it in steps?

Last edited by Super.Nova,

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I'm very grateful for your comment but I didn't understand half of it (that's kind of the reason why I use SX to begin with -didn't require much knowledge-).
Would you kindly explain it in steps?

thats your problem wanting someone to explain in steps take few hours to read how to use your device

download Spacecraft-NX from github by typing in google "Spacecraft-NX github"
instructions there how to install it
same thing for Atmosphere and hekate
then just search how to use hekate and Atmosphere on Mariko consoles

Reactions: Super.Nova

Super.Nova

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
thats your problem wanting someone to explain in steps take few hours to read how to use your device

download Spacecraft-NX from github by typing in google "Spacecraft-NX github"
instructions there how to install it
same thing for Atmosphere and hekate
then just search how to use hekate and Atmosphere on Mariko consoles
I'm genuinely thankful for your support, you gave me a point on where to start.
I never used anything other than SX so I'm completely oblivious on how others are used or why.
I'll get right on it.

Super.Nova

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Here is an actual guide you can follow.
I finally got the time to try this method (off day) but it returned with the same error I got from other methods:
"Unknown pkg1 version.
HOS version not supported!
or emuMMC corrupt!
Trying backup bootloader...
Found pkg1 ('pG pG ~').

Unknown pkg1 version.
or emuMMC corrupt!

Failed to launch HOS!

Press any key..."

Pressing power returns to Hekate menu.
Any idea how to proceed from here?
I have access to multiple working Switch units in case I could salvage any needed files.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got the time to try this method (off day) but it returned with the same error I got from other methods:
"Unknown pkg1 version.
or emuMMC corrupt!
Trying backup bootloader...
Found pkg1 ('pG pG ~').

Unknown pkg1 version.
or emuMMC corrupt!

Failed to launch HOS!

Press any key..."

Pressing power returns to Hekate menu.
Any idea how to proceed from here?
I have access to multiple working Switch units in case I could salvage any needed files.
Which method did you follow? The guide I linked has 2 different methods for Mariko units. Also did you try booting with fusee_primary instead from Hekate?

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello everyone.

Like and idiot, I updated my Mariko Switch to 11.0.1 before checking whether SX Core supports it or not.
I updated through ChoiDujour correctly (chose ExFAT with my memory formatted correctly) and update went smoothly.
Of course, it shows black screen afterwards and I'm royally screwed but then Atmosphere got updated to support 11.0.1 which is awesome.

I've tried to boot with Atmosphere payload in order to downgrade but it still gets stuck at a black screen.
Would someone kidlndly explain to me (duh-duh proof highly appreciated) what's my best course of action to regain functionality?

did you try this guide?
https://rentry.co/mys8q

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sadly yes, didn't work but I don't recall the error I got.
And I apologise for the late reply as my phone was temporarily broken (disconnected from my PC amid manual update) and I just finished restoring it.
oh thats sad..
btw, when you tried the guide?

it was updated recently. on my first try it didnt work for me either, then I tried again after they updated the guide, now it is working for me.

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
oh thats sad..
btw, when you tried the guide?

it was updated recently. on my first try it didnt work for me either, then I tried again after they updated the guide, now it is working for me.
When it got updated it started using fusee-secondary instead of primary, so they already tried both.

Super.Nova

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
When it got updated it started using fusee-secondary instead of primary, so they already tried both.
I'm not entirely sure if I used primary or secondary when I attempted this method (about two weeks ago) but I'd try again either way.
I already have nothing to lose since I made a NAND backup of my current state.

And I want to emphasize that I have access to many other Switch units in case I need to salvage files to help me restore mine (from friends and family).

Reactions: GCS

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not entirely sure if I used primary or secondary when I attempted this method (about two weeks ago) but I'd try again either way.
I already have nothing to lose since I made a NAND backup of my current state.

And I want to emphasize that I have access to many other Switch units in case I need to salvage files to help me restore mine (from friends and family).
Well do you remember what the error code is now?

Super.Nova

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Followed by first fusee primary error.jpeg Error after fusee primary.jpeg Error following retry guide.jpeg
Well do you remember what the error code is now?
I sincerely apologize for the late reply.
I had some recent changes at work and my laptop was away because if it (with all my files and backups).
I got it recently and tested ReTry again with the recently updated Atmosphere but it still didn't work.
I tried again by launching fusee primary manually and I got an other error.
Trying to launch fusee secondary doesn't start whenever I touch to launch it (nothing happens at all).

Last edited by Super.Nova,

Super.Nova

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I figured manually rewriting firmware files using PC version of ChoiDujour should fix this ever since I royally screwed myself by updating my SysNAND.
I tried the following guide but somewhy couldn't continue as I got a different result than the file specified in the guide.

https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/manualchoiupgrade.html

This guide specifies I should use a keys.txt but says I could also use any keys file I have (I have a prod.keys file generated by Lockpick) but it doesn't specify how.
Trying to continue with the guide doesn't generate firmware files as it should nor renaming the file to keys.txt resulted in any changes.
Could anybody please give me any pointers?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: