hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
when installing 0004003020009402 v2051 (n3ds internet browser -24)
Failed to install CIA file
Result code: 0xD8E0806A
Level: Permanent (27)
Summary: Invalid Argument (7)
Module: AM (32)
Desc: Cert signature or hash failed (106)

im using the cia version of fbi and im on firmware 11.2

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
when installing 0004003020009402 v2051 (n3ds internet browser -24)
Failed to install CIA file
Result code: 0xD8E0806A
Level: Permanent (27)
Summary: Invalid Argument (7)
Module: AM (32)
Desc: Cert signature or hash failed (106)

im using the cia version of fbi and im on firmware 11.2
You didn't need to make another thread, you could have gone on on the other one...

Err... are you sure the .cia was packaged well with 3Dnus?
It is possible that it's failing on the signature part because it's lower than the minimum version list on 11.0+... i.e. trying to downgrade from arm11 would fail because even if you uninstalled the previous title when you get to the part of installing the lower version one the 3ds would realize it's lower than the minimum ver. and abort.
But there's no official list of the error codes that FBI produces and their meaning/solution that i know of.

Last edited by Alex658,

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
You didn't need to make another thread, you could have gone on on the other one...

Err... are you sure the .cia was packaged well with 3Dnus?
It is possible that it's failing on the signature part because it's lower than the minimum version list on 11.0+... i.e. trying to downgrade from arm11 would fail because even if you uninstalled the previous title when you get to the part of installing the lower version one the 3ds would realize it's lower than the minimum ver. and abort.
But there's no official list of the error codes that FBI produces and their meaning/solution that i know of.
ah. i see. so if i replace the version list on 3ds with that of 9.2 or such ill be able to downgrade internet. (theories intensify)

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
ah. i see. so if i replace the version list on 3ds with that of 9.2 or such ill be able to downgrade internet. (theories intensify)

The version list is on NATIVE_FIRM/FIRM Version(?) i believe, but honestly you shouldn't mess with that.
Again, why is it that you need to stay on 11.2 and get the franken firm browser?
The user @Ryccardo has been successful in franken-firmwaring his console and keep it working, it may be wise to ask him to help you in this case.

3dbrew's Error codes said:

According to this your CIA should be invalid or not signed.

Last edited by Alex658,

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
The version list is on NATIVE_FIRM/FIRM Version(?) i believe, but honestly you shouldn't mess with that.
Again, why is it that you need to stay on 11.2 and get the franken firm browser?
The user @Ryccardo has been successful in franken-firmwaring his console and keep it working, it may be wise to ask him to help you in this case.

According to this your CIA should be invalid or not signed.
because i cant connect to public hotspots :/ and yea. and native_firm is alot more than just the browser right? @Ryccardo wann help me?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, if you are running a cfw (with sigpatches enabled) "invalid signature" means corrupt title

Where did you get it from? Remember that Nintendo removes old browsers/Home/kernels from their servers!

It's not a problem with the minimum version, since (your cfw may be patching that and) it would cause error D8E08027

Reactions: MarioMasta64

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, if you are running a cfw (with sigpatches enabled) "invalid signature" means corrupt title

Where did you get it from? Remember that Nintendo removes old browsers/Home/kernels from their servers!

It's not a problem with the minimum version, since (your cfw may be patching that and) it would cause error D8E08027
i have 11.2 also i got it from NUS. so essentially i want it from somewhere besides NUS?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

would you know any other way than nus to get a 9.6 n3ds browser?

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a feeling you don't have custom firmware and you're using the maki edition if so it will not work
im using the latest hourly build of Luma as of 3/15/17 (today) are you able to help?

I have a feeling you don't have custom firmware and you're using the maki edition if so it will not work
i even documented my whole install process on twitter :D

and if i didnt have cfw i wouldnt be able to use the .cia version of fbi or restore my 3ds back to 11.2

also it took awhiole but i looked fbi maki edition. and well ._. why would i say i have cfw and that im using the .cia version of fbi if i was using that glitchy mess that is maki.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @hazbeans, welcome