Hacking Need Help Desperately with cfw!

Zay475

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have a Switch with SX OS installed and have had no problems with it, I was superbanned not long ago but I didnt mind as I never play online anyway. The system firmware was 5.1. and today I went to play Lego DC Villains and it said I needed the current system update. I downloaded ChoidujourNX and updated my firmware to the current 6.1 and then booted it back up, however now whenever I try to start a game I get a message saying 'A system update is required to use the MIcro SDXC memory card'

Since the update there is nothing in the album folder when I select it and so I can't get back into homebrew to downgrade back to 5.1! I am at a loss at what to do next. the games I had installed are still on the sd card and their images in the switch menu but when I try to play one I get the above message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am in a quandry as how to downgrade the firmware or update the sdxc card.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must have not pressed the exFAT option when updating your firmware with ChoiDujourNX and because of that, you do not have any exFAT support on 6.0.1. Outside of restoring a rawnand backup as well as boot0/boot1 of 5.1 in order to update properly, you can try reformatting the SD card back to FAT32. In either scenario, you will need to pick the exFAT option in ChoiDujourNX when you update since that is the SDXC update the system is notifying you about.

Zay475

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. So I need to reformat the card to fat32 and start again?

Zay475

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Run ChoidujourNX and install exfat update for the sd.
I can't run choidujour as its not showing up, thats the problem unfortunately. Everything is on the card but none of it is accessible

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

that or if you have access to another card that also works too.
Just use another card, reformat it to fat32, stick payload bin, bootdat etc along with choidujour and then downgrade to 5.1 with exfat option? and then I can just put my 128g card back in?

Last edited by Zay475,

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't run choidujour as its not showing up, thats the problem unfortunately. Everything is on the card but none of it is accessible

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just use another card, reformat it to fat32, stick payload bin, bootdat etc along with choidujour and then downgrade to 5.1 with exfat option? and then I can just put my 128g card back in?

you can reinstall the same firmware if you want, theres nothing wrong with the firmware, its just that when you install manually, the system doesnt autocheck what filesystem you use, you probably didnt pick the exfat option, you can reinstall, pick exfat and then put your main card in and be good to go.

Zay475

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you can reinstall the same firmware if you want, theres nothing wrong with the firmware, its just that when you install manually, the system doesnt autocheck what filesystem you use, you probably didnt pick the exfat option, you can reinstall, pick exfat and then put your main card in and be good to go.

Brilliant, thanks dude, massively appreciated. I didn't pick the exfat version, such an idiot!

Zay475

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm
belive me you arent alone i did the same thing, glad you got it working!
I'm still a bit confused, even when I put a different sd card in there, it will still ask to update and since I've been banned there is no way I can. Am i not in exactly the same situation I'm in now? I tried putting my sons switch sd card in and changed the liscense.dat over and installed choidujour on his card, however the same thiing happened, it said I needed a system update to the card and I couldn't access anything on there. I'm at a loss, forgive my ignoranace lol

YeetedOn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm

I'm still a bit confused, even when I put a different sd card in there, it will still ask to update and since I've been banned there is no way I can. Am i not in exactly the same situation I'm in now? I tried putting my sons switch sd card in and changed the liscense.dat over and installed choidujour on his card, however the same thiing happened, it said I needed a system update to the card and I couldn't access anything on there. I'm at a loss, forgive my ignoranace lol

Your son's SD card is also probably formatted in exFAT.
Just plug it to your PC, re-format it FAT32, and put everything (ChoidujourNX and firmware, everything) in it. You will be able to access it with no problem.

Reactions: Zay475

chippy

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The update message your getting when putting the sd cards in is the system wanting to get the exfat driver

Zay475

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Your son's SD card is also probably formatted in exFAT.
Just plug it to your PC, re-format it FAT32, and put everything (ChoidujourNX and firmware, everything) in it. You will be able to access it with no problem.
Thanks mate, much appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm