need help deciding on flash card

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by white wolf, Jun 11, 2009.

Jun 11, 2009
  1. white wolf
    OP

Member white wolf GBAtemp Regular

Trinidad and Tobago
    I want to buy a flash kart for my dsi that will woke with my ds and runs all game100% etc. is this the one for me? is acekard 2 i the way to go?

2. Andytoxic

Newcomer Andytoxic Advanced Member

Germany
    AceKard 2i is pretty good and you have to install the new update for it to work with the DSi if it's not set to English.

But you can also buy a Supercard DS one i, theres only one problem: its system is pretty slow but you can update it via the included flasher if Nintendo Updates the firmware of the DSi and blocks all flashcards.

Theres also an EZ Flash V i, but I don't know many things about it

And I don't recommend you to buy any of the R4 fakes like R4i.

3. white wolf
    OP

Trinidad and Tobago
    can the AceKard 2i be updated if Nintendo Updates the firmware of the DSi and blocks all flashcards?

4. Andytoxic

Newcomer Andytoxic Advanced Member

Germany
    I don't know if it can be updated. From what i've heard it can't be updated. But on the other side i think it maybe can be updated because they have released language fixes that I have talked about in my previous post, but I don't know if you can update the AceKard2 i on this way if Nintendo will block all flashcards.

5. ca_michelbach

Member ca_michelbach GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I don't know about the other flash carts but I have an ez vi and I've not had any problems with it at all. It has some really good features and since i've had one the ez team have been making new beta firmwares the incorporate moonshell 2.0. I think most of the cards work fine but don't get any r4 clones.

6. white wolf
    OP

Trinidad and Tobago
    i have been looking at the SuperCard DSONEi thinking of getting it. should i or should i get both SuperCard DSONEi and acekard 2 i ?

7. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    if your pocket allow you to do so... then why not?
    since scdsonei comes with the features that acekard2i doesn't have [​IMG]
    who knows you might need some of those features in some of the game

8. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    The acekard2i can be updated if it's blocked. It has an updateable kernel.

Here's the list of acceptable carts for the DSi:

Acekard2i - Probably you best choice
    iTouch2 - Probably your second choice if you don't want the acekard2i
    Supercard DS onei - Meh, it has alot of features but it's very slow
    EZ Flash Vi - Not recommended but if you want you can get it.

9. jphriendly

Member jphriendly GBAtemp Fan

United States
    According to a lot of reports, installing the new SP8 for the DSOne and DSOnei has helped quite a bit with that issue....If only they would overhaul their cheat engine.

10. KamuiX

Member KamuiX GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    Nobody doubt that AK2i has an updateable kernel. The problem is where the hell will you update the kernel if your DSi rejects the card!?!?!? (because of a future Nintendo update) In contrary DSi ONE has the usb flasher. If the DSi rejects the card...then you update it at your computer or any usb thing that provides power i think (like a USB to AC power plug).
    Can AK2i card autoupdate by just put it in your DS (put update files in microsd and power on the DS of course) and DON'T touch anything. NOT even start the flashcard's channel?

11. white wolf
    OP

Trinidad and Tobago
    i only want one cause it will be a real strech to get two. is the SuperCard DSONEi worth it as the one and only flash card i get? I do like the acekard2i but i am afraid it will become useless. I have the phat ds but plan on getting a dsi soon does the SuperCard DSONEi work well?

12. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    M3 team finally gave more info on their DSi cartridge, whihc should be releasing in about 10 days.

that's probably something you might want to wait for..

13. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Uh no it's called reading to see if the update blocks the ak2i, if it does you wait until they release a fix, you run the fix update for your ak2i, then you run the update on your DSi. All works then.

And iwakura is correct, you should probably wait for the new M3i Zero coming in about a week. That's what I'm waiting for.

14. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    yeah.. since m3i zero is coming next week~!
    just get it [​IMG]
    afterall, in my opinion m3 is so much more friendlier while comparing to supercard

15. Domination

Member Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Singapore
    Elixir's not recommending Acekards anymore~ Edit: Missed the earlier post

M3i Zero is best. Cos it looks nice~ Nah, I heard m3 is better than SC. Maybe you should wait for some reviews?

16. mucus

Member mucus Orc Orc Orc

Antarctica
    Since when does elixirdream not recommending ace kards? I thought that M3i and AK were both on the list of recommendations... are you sure about this?

17. mrfatso

Member mrfatso That guy!!

Singapore
    totally off-topic:

err, domination, the reason why elixir isn't recommending ak2i for now is because right now white wolve's concern is on updating the flashcart and since when it comes to ak2, the updating side might be a little troublesome, in the worst case scenerio like what one of the poster has typed, what if it directly reject the flashcart then how? So, one solution would be that u will need a DSL or DSphat to solved this, which is just too pricey. So that's why elixir isn't recommending ak2, since that would be kinda dumb to suggest a product to someone that will give a person trouble/headache in the future.

Back to topic: well, it depends on your budget and what u are looking for, if u feel that ak2i is cheap enough for u to get it, then go ahead. Well, like they had mentioned they have updated kernels, so what they had written on their sites, it would mean that u will be able to update your flashcart to get past the anti-piracy measures, as for now, m3 zero seems like a nice flashcart to get since they have updatable bootloader which would means that you will be able to use this flashcart for a long while, assuming that they do not drop support or anything.

If not DeltaBurnt's brief summary seems like a good idea to considered.

18. white wolf
    OP

Trinidad and Tobago
    M3i Zero looks nice thinking of getting it. Quite a few ppl here are. is it a good investment for a "flash card firsty" (with a forbia for the card going belly up?) does it soport cheets and ds phat?

19. Agjsdfd

Member Agjsdfd My title

Yes. Its definately worth it.
    Perhaps it woudnt be very easy for a beginner, but you will get used to it.

Yes it has cheat support, and much much more than that. RTS, Sakura, etc.

20. white wolf
    OP

Trinidad and Tobago
    This sounds great. Likeing it more and more um..... what IS this Sakura thing i keep hearing about??? I a