Hacking Need Help Customizing Wii Theme

coheed&cambria

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll start by saying that I'm brand new to creating a custom Wii theme, but so far I've been able to figure everything out except one little thing, and that is that I can't seem to change the white background on the main page of the Wii menu.

wiimenu.png

Essentially I want to make that entire white part behind the channels black. I've tried everything I could think of, such as using other people's board.ash files and editing the color codes of brlyt files, but nothing has worked.

This is most likely just because of my inexperience though, so if you could inform me of how to edit it in AS MUCH detail as possible that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance or your help.

coheed&cambria

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but I had already tried that and it didn't do anything. Maybe I just kept doing it wrong, but I used u8tool to extract the board.ash file to unlock the tpl images, then used tpl to image converters to put my image in it, and of course packed it back into a board.ash file. Didn't do anything, but again, I may have just done something wrong

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
you need to change that color in the my_ipLTop_a.brlyt file in the chansel.ash

the panes that need editing are
Picture_00
Picture_01
Picture_02
Picture_03
Picture_04
Picture_05
Picture_06
Picture_07
Picture_08
Picture_09
board0
board1
board2
board3
board4
BaseMask0
BaseMask1
BaseMask2
BaseMask3
BaseMask4

Reactions: JoostinOnline

coheed&cambria

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a ton guys, especially Diddy. That did the trick, it turns out I had been editing the wrong things when I was working with the my_ipLTop_a file before.

Thanks to you guys though I was finally able to complete my first theme!

ifoundit1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to have the same problem with the white background. I have downloaded just about every program i can imagine. I don't really know how to use any of it. My knowledge stops at the white background problem. I'm more of a visual learner and iv'e been trolling the net for days if someone could make or direct me to a video tutorial i would be very thankful. what i need to know is how to extract the ash and blyt files to get to the pictures i need to edit and i need to know how to turn them back into these files

Also i made some nice icons if any 1 would like to integrate it into there theme i'm thinking about making some sort of theme icon depository for every one to share icons they make or find specific to wii themes.

some of these are obviously from the smokers theme. the middle finger cursor is all me ;)
i know how to make a zip mym and csm already i left the file in .zip so you can see its contents

here's the link http://www.filedropper.com/tmix2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)