gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a retail copy of Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga, and I noticed there are files in the disc are .txt's that seem to have the settings of the characters and are rather simple, (say things 'force' and 'choke') and I know there is already a custom character creator in the game, but there is more to do and allow. I extracted a wbfs file with CFG but I need to get the files out of it. I got a folder to ISO program, a wbfs to ISO and backwards converter, but I cannot get the files with 7Zip or any other tools I know of. I tried WIT (Wiimm's ISO Tools), but it keeps trying to save the files as .gcm's and all as the same file name. When I copy with WiiXplorer, it stays at 0.00 percent completed.

EDIT: I've also tried Riivolution file patching by editing a Mkwii file patcher xml, and that failed.

Last edited by banjo2,

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wit is the tool you want. Dolphin (the emulator) can also extract files if you open the game's properties, but Dolphin has no way to build it back into an ISO/WBFS.

To extract run
Code:
wit extract PATH_TO_ISO PATH_TO_FOLDER

To rebuild into a new ISO run
Code:
wit copy PATH_TO_FOLDER PATH_TO_NEW_ISO

Reactions: Wiimm

banjo2

gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
wit is the tool you want. Dolphin (the emulator) can also extract files if you open the game's properties, but Dolphin has no way to build it back into an ISO/WBFS.

To extract run
Code:
wit extract PATH_TO_ISO PATH_TO_FOLDER

To rebuild into a new ISO run
Code:
wit copy PATH_TO_FOLDER PATH_TO_NEW_ISO

It turns out I was trying to use wit incorrectly, so I tried the way you suggest, but instead it would create all the folders of the ISO, but no files. Unfortunately Dolphin decided today was the day to freeze on startup so I reinstalled it but it still freezes.

banjo2

gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Turns out Dolphin was just having lag problems, but when I extracted it, edited the files, (I made very simple edits) I compiled the ISO with Folder2Iso but when I ran it with Dolphin it said that the ISO wasn't a Wii ISO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night