Hacking Need expert and Quick help

Anous

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have gotten a pretty good deal on a used 3DS and a flash cart, but the current owner doesn't really know anything about it. It's a R4i Gold, and I don't know it it works with the 3DS. Here is a picture of it that I made him email me.

PMONJ14l_original.jpg

Do you think it'll work on the 3DS?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it. It's marked for DSi 1.4.1, and while some DSi 1.4.1 carts have been updated through the DSi and 3DS updates, the majority of carts out there are "sell, update once or twice, and drop it to sell the customer a new model" schemes.

You can always just stick it in and try though.

Anous

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I decided to buy from another guy who I'd get a red 3DS, an R4i-SDHC and Super Mario 3D Land. He said the R4i stopped working with the last update, and that I had to send it in to some kind of store and have them update the R4 for me. As much as I doubt this person knows what he is talking about, I hope I can update the R4 myself with the help of you fellows. I'll write here once I know the firmware, kernel and all that.

Anous

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't do it myself? If the previous owner didn't care to update his R4, then why can't I download the kernels myself?

(As long as the manufacturer has put them up)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

Anous

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I see.

Actually, that seller turned out to be an a-hole and didn't even want to tell me the quality of the 3DS.

I did find another seller, who I settled with. I bought a Aqua Blue 3DS, Ocarina of Time 3D and Acekard 2i. The seller said that the card should work, but it goes without saying that I shouldn't update the 3DS ^^

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The questions is, is it worth not updating?
eShop, new 3DS carts, and spotpass/streetpass will feed you updates. So unless you never play new 3DS games and keep it 100% offline, it's going to want to update sooner or later.

What's the chance of Acekard being updated?
It physically ran out of space. There will not be a new update. They'll need to make a new hardware model like almost everybody else, they just haven't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.