Need advice on Pokemon

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by lavera, Sep 2, 2013.

1. lavera
    OP

lavera Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    We all know Pokemon X and Y are coming soon and I, like most of you people, am planning to get it on launch.

But before playing X and Y, I feel like re-playing a Pokemon game. The thing is, I'm not sure which game to play and where to play it!

Pokemon games:
    • Black 2/White 2 - Only completed White 2 once when it was released
    • Black/White - Completed the JPN ver once and the ENG ver a few times
    • HG/SS - Completed a few times but it really has that nostalgic feel
    • Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - Been a while since I played them but they kinda suck
    • FR/LG - One of my favorites!
    • Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald - One of my favorites too!
    • Gold/Silver/Crystal - One of my favorites but I completed them so many times already
    • Red/Blue/Green/Yellow - Same as G/S/C and its too old
    So from the list, I'll probably choose to either play B2/W2, HG/SS, FR/LG or R/S/E. But now, I'm not sure where to play any of these games!
    My options:
    • DSiXL - But the top screen LCD is broken. There is a HUGE black line across the screen.
    • DS Lite - The A and B buttons are not working very well.. (from playing NSMB)
    • Vita - Through homebrew but only for GBA.
    • PC - I hate playing on PCs but, savestates. Savestates are good.
    • Galaxy S3 - Very portable but I just hate using the touchscreen as controls!
    On the side note, I don't have a decent flashcart that I can use on my 3DS so that option is out as well.

2. king_leo

king_leo Real Hero

Sep 12, 2009
    De RigueurMortis
    I would say HG/SS on pc, or R/S/E on vita.

Ethevion and Black-Ice like this.
  3. lavera
    OP

lavera Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    Thanks man! Good choice. :)

4. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Hey You, Pikachu!

Unless you're not a real fan, of course.

king_leo likes this.
  5. Ethevion

Ethevion Wannabe Artist

Sep 23, 2010
    Canada
    HG/SS is a great choice. There's so much added content.R/S/E is also a great series. It's old, but not so old where it feels really slow like the original R/B/Y and G/S/C. Under your circumstances, I'd go with PC.

6. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi everything is going according the plan...

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    I suggest play RSE on android. yes I'm going for the touch controls for a single but powerful reason, IT'S A FUCKING TURN BASED RPG so you don't need proper controls to play, touch works like a charm on this kind of games and My Boy! is the perfect emulator(seriously you can even play warioware twisted using the gyro-sensor!!!) and besides you will be carrying your phone everywhere(I'm replaying mario&luigi ss on during quick sessions on my phone)

7. FireSeel

FireSeel GBAtemp Regular

Mar 2, 2013
    I agree My Boy! is the best GBA emulator for android. If you didnt mind spending some money, you could play HG/SS on your galaxy s3 as well with the DraStic emulator.

EDIT- If you want to play gba games, your ps vita might be better because of the physical buttons, but I find that gba games look terrible on it. (Unscaled mode is too small, scaled has wierd scaling so that it makes some pixels 2 tall and 1 wide.

8. lavera
    OP

lavera Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    So many opinions.. Hmm I guess I'll just play Emerald on my S3, and maybe Black 2 later on either my DSiXL or my DS Lite. Thanks for your suggestions guys!

Now its Pokemon time! :gba: