Need advice on new DSL casing.

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Fire2box, Mar 21, 2011.

Mar 21, 2011
  1. Fire2box
    OP

Newcomer Fire2box Member

United States
    I just got a translucent blue DSL case from DX, it had pretty solid reviews. The problem I am having with it is getting the case's top screen to fit together properly even when it's just the two halves of the topscreen shell by itself, with no components in it.

1. It won't sit flush like the original case did ( makes me fear opening and closing it will wear out it's plastic hinge)

2. The screwholes won't align at all, no matter how hard I try to force it.

With such high ratings on deal extreme I bought this case expecting it to fit the best without any real hassle. So, what do I do? Until then I got my DS phat but still DS Lite is night and day better then the phat due to the lighting. Thanks in advance. [​IMG]

2. karloz25

Member karloz25 GBAtemp Regular

United States

The lid doesn't snap shut. It sets on top of each other with about a quarter inch offset then slides together.

I just bought a replacement after market Red top shell from ebay for $11.00 and fit Perfect!

Hope you get yours right.

3. Fire2box
    OP

Newcomer Fire2box Member

United States

Yeah I know that and that's seriously how I am trying to make it fit. But everytime I slide it into postion it just slides/"pops" back out.

Step 1: line up screw holes from both shells, press down.
    step 2: Slide housing up so it "locks" in place.

Just the reversed steps of taking the top screen casing apart, and plenty of videos showing how it's done. The problem is after I do all of this it doesn't sit as flush as each other as the orginal top screen casing did and sticks out/is misalinged by maybe 1/8th of a inch, perhaps less. It might not be that much but it does seem to make the case replacement nigh impossible. I bought the casing due to reviews of it here on gbatemp and on Deal Extreme, I am just disappointed in it after seeing such fantastic reviews about it. (translucent blue DSL case.)

I don't really want to order another case and end up having the same problem, then do it again, and again and again. Up to the point where I spent 80 dollars on plastic DSL housing when nintendo offers full repair and a 1 year warranty for just as much. I trust that deal extreme isn't trying to send out bad products but this just seems defective. [​IMG]

4. karloz25

Member karloz25 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    hopefully all your latches are still intact. Make sure you are not going "over" a latch rather than under. Maybe check to see if your latches (hinges) are not bent or broke, causing them not to "lock" into place. I have seen that a million times, all it takes is one latch not to grab and it offsets the lid and causes the holes not to align.

If all fails, return to deal extreme, they will exchange it out if defective.

Good Luck

5. Fire2box
    OP

Newcomer Fire2box Member

United States

This seems to be the problem..

I hope trying to get DX to exchange it isn't hard.

6. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    OH dear lord your going to exchange with DX? get ready for like 2 months wait.