Need advice on backing up N64 saves

tech3475

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So after discovering my Pokemon Gold/Silver saves are now buried in Lavender Town, I've decided to get the tools needed to backup my saves.

I wanted to get a Retrode 2 but those are out of stock and have been for a while now when I look, however, I've found a way to use a Retron 5 to dump most of my cart based consoles.

This just leaves the N64.

So far I've found 2 practical methods which involves either buying a 64Drive with the dumper or finding a Passport III/Gameshark and using an ED64 to dump it.

The 64Drive unfortunately is out of stock and relatively expensive (by my estimates £250+ with shipping taxes, etc.).

The Passport III/GS method can't unfortunately backup certain saves such as Pokemon Snap (which I have).

Can anyone please tell me if there any other current methods available which are readily available, not a kit (i.e. I have to procure my own PCB, etc.) and not too expensive?

Thank you.

tech3475

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
https://github.com/sanni/cartreader

I think flash ram saves can’t be dumped with gameshark etc, as you mentioned.

Maybe Retrode, or retroblaster/programmer?

The issue with the Sanni is that I want to avoid that kind of DIY job and the Retrode is OOS.

The Retroblaster programmer is new to me and will apparently be in stock from 1 Aug.

Reactions: KiiWii

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
    M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ: Makes your life so limp