need a psp hacking expert.

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by tagzard, Jun 27, 2011.

Jun 27, 2011

need a psp hacking expert. by tagzard at 10:39 PM (520 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. tagzard
    OP

Banned tagzard Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.

United States
    Okay here we go.

How do i brick my PSP 1000?
    Any brick protection?
    How do i make my psp load iso's?
    How to i run recovery menu before i run my psp. Like priiloader?

Thanks.

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    • Mess with flash0 and you may end up with a brick. Therefore don't install/use apps or plugins that mess with it, and don't mess with it yourself until you understand what you're doing. It's perfectly acceptable to replace stuff there SO LONG as you know for sure it's ok.
    • Your brain...don't mess with flash0 if you don't understand it. TN HEN has flash0 protection though.
    • x:\ISO\DraculaMusical.ISO
    • This all depends what sort of PSP you have and what firmware you're running

3. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    You can brick your psp by any number of things; installing a theme the old fashioned way and writing a corrupt file, installing a bad update/homebrew/game/etc., turning power off during an update, etc... Mainly it's when you mess with the Flash 0 and 1 (PSP internal firmware and data files) that result in brickage.

Brick protection is basically the "Recovery Menu" on fully hackable models. When you install the CFW (Custom Firmware), just about all of them have this feature. by holding R when powering on, you go to a menu where you can run Hellcat's Recovery Flasher and reinstall your firmware (for semi bricks, and some other bricks; sometimes when installing firmware and messing it up it'll have to be reinstalled with DDC and a Pandora Battery).

PSPs with CFW can run ISOs (and unsigned code, like homebrew, custom PSX games, etc).

See above for how to load recovery menu.

@ Xist: DAMN YOU NINJA'D ME

He said it's a 1000 by the way. [​IMG]