need a little advice

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by evans05, Jul 7, 2017.

1. evans05
    OP

evans05 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2013
    ok so my son has managed to break his sd card on his ds, i thought i had eveything backed up, but cant seem to find it, without the sd card the thing boots up, and still has stuff like fbi on it, question is how do i get it back fully functioning, i cant remember the files that were on the sd card :( the sd card doesnt read in the pc either, can i get a new one and just insert it? im lost

2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Buy a new sd card and use it like you have been, unless you have the backup data, you will have to start from scratch with the savedata and games, if you have any games bought from eshop, you can redownload them without paying but your save data is gone without the backup data.

Make sure you get a good sd card, use this to test it. If is verified, is safe to use, if not, get a new one, is a fake. https://3ds.guide/h2testw-(windows)

3. evans05
    OP

evans05 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2013
    oh so luckliy its just the games on the sd card, for some reason i thought the custom firmware was on it, thats not so bad then

4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Are you using luma 8.1 The CFW is stored on the system itself, so you don't have to worry about losing it cause of a sd card.