Bat420maN

OP
Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.freeforums.org
XP
Country
United States
I have a Seagate 1.5TB HD, and a 4.3 Wii. If I fire up the Wii with the HD plugged in it just wont load in the HBC. If I pull the power cable on the HD the HBC will pick it up once I plug it back in. This has to be an issue with the HD itself due to the fact that all of my 1TB HD's are working just fine. I even threw an app folder onto a 2TB I have and it loaded up just fine. Anyone have any ideas to stop me from having to pull the power cord every time I want to play?

fvnfish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happens to me every time, the problem has progressed ever since I stopped using my Wii. I just got back into it and now it takes forever for me to get Wiiflow to work. I know this doesn't help but I am now searching for the same answer you are. Btw I am using a FreeAgent 500gb.

Bat420maN

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I just noticed that if I unplug the cable from the Wii the light on the HD stays on. Every other HD I have once I pull it from the wii will go off. The light on the problem HD also stays on when I shut the Wii down fully(red light). This has to be this HD, does anyone here have any idea how to fix this? Or do I just need to return this one and try another? In case it matters my HBC is .8 and running on IOS58 but, I am doubting that is the issue at all.

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What usb loader are you using?
how is your drive formatted? FAT32? WBFS? NTFS? Partitions?
I have NO problems with any of my drives, I use Configurable USB loader, either from the HBC, or also as a channel. My drives are formatted FAT32, also using Wii Backup Manager to transfer games from pc to WBFS folder on drives. also, cIOS 38 rev 19, some lower revs have problems usb loading.

Bat420maN

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Config, and Wiiflow is what I have set up to run. Its one partition FAT32. The HBC wont even acknowledge the drive is there unless I unplug the power to it, and then it will work fine. It is almost as if the HD does not want to be loaded. I have to unplug the power on it to get it loaded. It's an issue with the HD itself, my Wii setup and HD format are perfect.

thegreatwhitehop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fvnfish said:
Happens to me every time, the problem has progressed ever since I stopped using my Wii. I just got back into it and now it takes forever for me to get Wiiflow to work. I know this doesn't help but I am now searching for the same answer you are. Btw I am using a FreeAgent 500gb.
Same Problem here, and I have the same exact hard drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh joy, heat wave all week where i live
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    plus there's thunder and lightning outside, and it'll rain soon, there's somehow no tornado watch tho
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and to make it worse, the heat didn't sway my brother away from wanting to spend some time swimming on his birthday tomorrow
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idr where in the US the heat wave is
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idk if I'm in it or not
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    midwest, near me and bigonya
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ah fuck NJ is in the heat wave
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    we're cooked, possibly literally
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    if you have a habitable basement, the heat shouldn't be down there and that's where you should hang out
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No, but, the air conditioner in my living room gets fuckin icy
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    In a good way, not as in a "my coils are freezing" kind of way
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not everyone lives in theirs mom's basement gosh
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah, my mom's basement is just for the weekends to check in on the family
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i usually live in your mom's basement
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    saves a lot of time fr
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It's 11:30 PM here, I just took the trash out and my god is it awful outside
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    This heatwave can eat my ass
    +3
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    omg same, it's VERY hot here, too
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck this heatwave, i don't usually sleep with a fan, but i believe the fan is getting put on the bed rather than beside it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S 12:30 IN THE FUCKING MORNING AND IT'S STILL 78°, WHAT THE FUCK?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    78º seems abnormal for any part of the day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea it was 96 F for the high, 78 F for the low today, in Ohio, bout same for bakerman in Michigan
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    F- fahrenheit C-Celsius. We in USA use F as our temp ratings
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: F- fahrenheit C-Celsius. We in USA use F as our temp ratings