Gaming Need a good USB capture card

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I'm going to be moving soon, I won't have as many tvs since the new house won't accommodate to the current number we have. Because of that, I want to get a capture card that I can use for the video game consoles I own. Here's what I would like:

Must be able to accept NTSC/PAL signal
Possibly be able to use component cable. Not a big deal if it can't, but the quality boost would be nice.
Must be compatible with Windows 7
Must plug in through USB 2.0
Must be less than $50

That's the only criteria I have. I'm not expecting HD quality or anything, just good enough so that my games are playable. Thanks.

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Tanveer said:
Easycap records in 480p and thats the only one I would recommend for your budget range.
Dazzle and all the rest are overpriced really.. still records in 480p.

However if you plan on increasing your budget, I highly recommend Roxio Game Capture card. Its specifically made for Xbox 360 and PS3. Records in high quality 1080i and priced in the UK for around £70.

Wrong! EasyCap and Dazzle record at 480i NOT 480p
If you use the S-Video cable with the EasyCap or Dazzle u'll get a lil bit better quality but wont compare to 480p
Trust me I had an EasyCap I know what I'm talking about.

And as far I know Roxio only capture up to 480p

EDIT

Proof

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Ah sorry, to kinda hijack the thread. I have around the same question, I am also looking for a USB card, I currently don't have a TV (Studying abroad) so I would like to get a USB capture card.
Criteria
Windows 7 compatible
It doesn't need to be HD or anything( I only have a 13 inch screen , sure won't notice the difference)
USB 2.0or if possible 3.0, if it somehow matters
Budget is up to 150 bucks

I used to have a Easy cap or EZcap (forget which) 118 i think? the black one? Thanks

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
clegion said:
Ah sorry, to kinda hijack the thread. I have around the same question, I am also looking for a USB card, I currently don't have a TV (Studying abroad) so I would like to get a USB capture card.
Criteria
Windows 7 compatible
It doesn't need to be HD or anything( I only have a 13 inch screen , sure won't notice the difference)
USB 2.0or if possible 3.0, if it somehow matters
Budget is up to 150 bucks

I used to have a Easy cap or EZcap (forget which) 118 i think? the black one? Thanks

Read my posts

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
So those more expensive capture card like say Dazzle bring nothing at all? I did think I should get one of those EZcap again, would it have display and input lag? like noticeable ones?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't use a capture card for general gaming. They are made for recording game play from the TV to the computer. I would never suggest using it for your normal game playing via the computer.

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
clegion said:
So those more expensive capture card like say Dazzle bring nothing at all? I did think I should get one of those EZcap again, would it have display and input lag? like noticeable ones?

Well as the above guys said the Capture Cards werent made for play in the PC just to record thats why you want to use splitters. So you can play in ur TV without lag and record at the same time. Cuz if you play and record on ur PC u'll have a bad display, input lag and end with a really bad video.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/d9wnSq_aP-0?si=T9bdloMD2dGzvnbf