need a good explanation of apps

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Kevenater, Jul 2, 2009.

Jul 2, 2009
  1. Kevenater
    OP

Newcomer Kevenater Member

United States
    Can somebody please give me a good, simple explanation of how to add an app to my wii homebrew channel please? I've read and searched and really haven't found a good simple step by step explanation that I understand for sure. When I first turn on the wii and it boots to the preloader screen it says IOS V60, systemmenu v417 preloader v0.29 Im softmodded with a 4.0U made back when wii first came out. It was 2.2U or 2.9U when we softmodded it a few weeks ago. It has cioscorp installer, fce ultra gx nintendo emulator, 05 wii2600 atari 2600 emulator, anyregionchanger 1.1 M5 , wad manager, wadmanager1.3, ciosrev10installer, ios downgrader, preloaderv0.29 , softmii tweak toy v2.0 enhanced edition( which doesn't seem to work) when I click it in the homebrew channel it says "no sd card inserted or softmii folder not found" That is everything listed on the homebrew channel, my friend did the softmod and I watched him but I didn't know anything about what was going on. It works great and has no problems playing my backups from the disc channel, even the few newer ones I own such as punchout, madworld and Indiana Jones. When I go to data management and click on wii channels it shows the homebrew channel and the atari 2600 emulator, if i click on the sd tab at the top it asks if i want to run boot.dol and i say no, then it'll show bannerbomb but I just back out to the main menu so I don't mess anything up. Hope that's plenty of details. if there is anymore detail you need to know I'll try to give more. I just wanna understand how to add apps such as dvdx or something similar. I'm scared to try it without a full understanding of how EXACTLY to do it properly. Thanks in advance!

2. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    then remove bannerbomb (boot.dol or boot.elf) from the root of your sdcard

3. Kevenater
    OP

Newcomer Kevenater Member

United States
    there's a box that says "softmii app installer" then out beside it, it says softmii tweak toy. this is on the homebrew channel. when i click it, it'll go to the load/back screen where at the top it says softmii tweak toy, verswion 1.0 coder teamsoftmi. when i click load it goes to another screen and says softmii 2.0 enhanced edition and has a green mushroom head with a face for a few seconds then it goes to the black screen where it says no sd card installed or softmii folder not found. I'm not talking about on the sd card itself. this is what I see on the tv screen when i'm paging through the homebrew channel.

4. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    ok, I misunderstood what you was saying
    let's say it's not very easy to read you since you don't seem to know what is a paragraph

can't help you with softmii, never used the system menu tweaker

to add apps to the HBC, just follow the instructions I gave you or the ones in the documenattion that comes with the HBC installer