Hacking Nearly got DRC-Sim working.

8_bit_madman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I didnt want to hijack this thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/drc-sim-help.451924/ because I am further on than that. I got the server running and the client running (with help from Rolando Islas) but when I enter the ip in the client it crashes with the attached error. Now I have done some reading and found out its a java audio device problem which Rolando cant reproduce here https://github.com/rolandoislas/drc-sim-client/issues/5 (I am Flumper btw) and basically I have 2 questions.

1 - The same question I asked over there. Can java be compiled without audio dependancies so I can use the PC client?

2 - If anyone has got this working with the android client, a very small tut would be very much appreciated?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and "any" help would deserve a drink or two on me lol.

Attachments

• New Text Document (5).txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 318

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"No line matching interface SourceDataLine supporting format PCM_SIGNED 48000.0 Hz, 16 bit, stereo, 4 bytes/frame, little-endian is supported."

This is saying none of the 'pins' (lines) on your device support the required audio sampling and format. If it is not an actual device problem, you need to replace your drivers with proper ones. You will have to find them without telling us what sound device is in your computer. It is possible your device does not support 48000.0Mhz output, a lot of devices use 44.1kHz.

As for audio removal, it's likely possible to remove, but you most likely would need to null the stream, not just remove it the audio section and would require some coding experience. Just speculating. Not much to know without trying it. The jar (which wants to use the audio) is what is throwing the error, not java (yes, technically java is throwing you the error). Java platform will always have the audio stuff in it.

By the way, I was trying to mess with this last night, Did you compile on 16.04 or some old ass version on linux? I could not get it to compile on newer headers from official repository.

Last edited by EclipseSin,

8_bit_madman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply, its ubuntu 16.10 on vmware with soundblaster PCI sound drivers and java jdk 9 headless. I havnt compiled the source code from https://github.com/rolandoislas/drc-sim-client/tree/develop yet as Im just starting out with java and not very good yet lol. I just used the 1.1 beta.jar, but i have looked through the files and seen a few references to the audio so I might try and find out the values for the soundblaster and compare them to the values java is looking for. I will study up on compiling java and might give it a try with any different values or maybe try nulling the values. I have been trying a few things for the past 3 days and not getting very far but I will keep at it for now.

8_bit_madman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Its on the google store, I have it but it has probably been updated so I will get the update. Its the connecting it to the wii u through the computer that has me scratching my head :wacko: but I will keep trying and update this thread with any progress.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its on the google store, I have it but it has probably been updated so I will get the update. Its the connecting it to the wii u through the computer that has me scratching my head :wacko: but I will keep trying and update this thread with any progress.
My issue is I can never get it to connect to the Wii U. Part of this is probably because the wl0 driver is being loaded when I want to use drc-sim and my broadcom wifi is not compatible with it. Any suggestions? I tried editing the wpa_supplicant.conf to disable nl80211 and enable broadcom but that didn't change anything, and wl0 is already in my blacklist, seems to be ignored? I tried on Zesty Zapus (17.04) but I will try Yackety Yak (16.10) later.

Connecting to your drc-sim server from android requires your computer/laptop to be connected to the wii u on the 5ghz wifi card as well as connected to your network through ethernet or an entirely different wireless device/card. The client app should take care of the rest for the most part once configured for an IP from what I can see. I think this is what they meant when they said about the 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 stuff in the connection part of the wiki. I do not have that issue, as my network is setup on an entirely different ip range in my routers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs