Nearly finished CFW but...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Eddie McArdle, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Eddie McArdle
    OP

Eddie McArdle Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2016
    So I've decided to go the CFW route and the guide I'm using is easy to follow >> I'm on this page https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

I've gotten to the point where I have to type in a URL and press 'Select' to install arm9. But after I press select to install, I get the error 'payload_stage1.bin doesn't exist or exceeds max size. I have a 32GB card being used so size isnt the matter.

Although in this TUT so far, I've not came across a payload_stage1.bin file? I've been following it EXACTLY as it says too :/

EDIT: ACTUALLY i do have the payload files in root of SD, still same error though :(

Last edited by Eddie McArdle, Feb 1, 2017
  2. Alex658

Alex658 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 4, 2010
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    Download all the required files. If i'm not mistaken those files are found inside the data_inputv4 or v5. But it shoukd be inside those.

3. Eddie McArdle
    OP

Eddie McArdle Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2016
    Just edited sorry, any clue now since I did actually have files (Was just being blind) lol

4. offpir

offpir Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2017
    Belgium
    Payload files should be in folder a9lh

5. Eddie McArdle
    OP

Eddie McArdle Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2016
    Ah i'm a big dope, thanks! :)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Sorry another error now -_- after booting to the Luna3ds configuration menu and selecting options, when I press start to save and reboot, i get error 'Failed to mount CTRNAND'.

Any clue to why this is?

6. Alex658

Alex658 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 4, 2010
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    Are you still on 2.1? If so take the SD card out and see if it boots, if it just shuts off, put the sdcard back in, then keep following the guide and open up hourglass9 and restore your sysnand backup (keep a9lh) option and move on to boot.

Eddie McArdle likes this.
  7. Eddie McArdle
    OP

Eddie McArdle Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2016
    Yeah I am, ah alright, I've just checked online and seems youre right most people say to carry on! Thank you, sorry for the bother new to this 3ds stuff! :) lol

8. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian derp

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Right from the guide

9. offpir

offpir Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2017
    Belgium
    Yeah, even the guide mentions this :)