Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This game is very weird. It plays a bit like Ouendan, only instead of being set to music it's set to a comic book about surgery. As the frames of the comic/manga appear, little prompts come up showing a gesture or motion that you must do with the stylus. Do them correctly and the patient lives. I think. It's all in Japanese, so it's a bit hard to tell what's going on.

Works on G6 lite: no soft reset, DoFat, force R/W, trim rom. I didn't try any other settings.

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I see there's no use trying to convince you guys so... Well, don't say I didn't tell you about the difference. When someone else professional does correct you one day, you'll remember, "Ah yes, Xcomp told me about this before."
tongue.gif

Game works with 4x DMA, Force R/W, Trim ROM.

Visuals are nicely done... They actually look more gruesome than Trauma Centre.

Like Destrucobot says, the main operations are like a rhythm game. As you watch a Manga strip, little icons pop up and you have draw the lines according to the directions. You can then get an OK, Good or Great rating from each one. A timer bar lets you know when an icon is about to popup. Towards the end of the operations, you have to slide the stylus across the screen in the same direction of how the bright lines appear. Once the operations finally end, you're graded on how well you done and get paid.

The Manga branches out differently depending on if you're successful with each action or not. Each time you miss, the patient's vitality drops but you can use a stabiliser tool at the side to replenish it. Unlike Trauma Centre, you only have a limited amount of shots which depends how how many you stock up before an operation. You can travel to the local stop to purchase various tools to make operations easier such as scalpels that let you skip commands and also to expand your very small bag.

There's other mini games you have to play through during the operations such as memorising the order of cuts so it's not entirely a rhythm game. There's even a part where you have to use resuscitation by blowing into the mic. Another flashes four pictures at you and you have to quickly pick out the one with the dangerous item.

You can basically pick who to operate on and organise your inventory of items at the main office. Every in there is pretty much interactive including the phone, the carte, your stock of medical tools and Pinoko your little assistant.

It's a fun game to play and the language barrier shouldn't really a problem unless you want to know what the tools do. Trauma Centre is still better as an operation game though because of the freedom you have in carrying out the operations.

Hint: Just press Start to skip all the dialogue before an operation
wink.gif

bj05nj0.jpg

drone9

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't want to be a smart ass, but according to the Hepburn romanization system, which happens to be the most common transcription system in the field of Japanese studies and which is also widely used in official documents (like Japanese passports), づ is transcribed as zu. Unfortunately you can't really say what is correct and what not since there are several transcription systems in use.

Thanks for the release. Black Jack is a great manga. Looking forward to try this out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: as to you