^^ndstitle-1288^^

frostfire

Trophies
Website
frozenstudios.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
hey what are people's high scores for the flutter jump mini game.  My high is 204

I only have 130
frown.gif
. Ima try more later. Sometimes it seems like the game doesn't recognize me pressing the B button to flutter again, and then Yoshi drops for like 30m. Kinda annoying it is. So far I do like the game, controls are fine to me.

Nero_

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Some things that annoys me just a little. As mentioned, the music right now seems kinda of bad. Nothing that really stands out. Also it feels like he's moving too fast. Last thing, the fact that Yoshi/Mario is only drawn with a 1 pixel brush (sort of) they seem like they don't fit in the world that's drawn with wider brush (if you know what I mean). Still I'm enjoying this, but not at much as Yoshi's Island 2 on the SNES which is one of my favorite games ever. Also Baby marios cry sounds weird.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some things that annoys me just a little. As mentioned, the music right now seems kinda of bad. Nothing that really stands out. Also it feels like he's moving too fast. Last thing, the fact that Yoshi/Mario is only drawn with a 1 pixel brush (sort of) they seem like they don't fit in the world that's drawn with wider brush (if you know what I mean). Still I'm enjoying this, but not at much as Yoshi's Island 2 on the SNES which is one of my favorite games ever. Also Baby marios cry sounds weird.
Yeh, the sprites aren't too great. And the whole art design of the levels is very generic. A lot of things have lost their hand-drawn look that made the original so great, a the majority are now just ordinary... Drawn with a 1px brush as you said.

Also the whole presentation is pretty much the same as the old game. I enjoyed NSMB so much because they took a fresh approach on the graphics, but with this game they haven't really changed anything. Even the menus are basically the same.

The music is uninspired too. I guess (hope) if Nintendo had handled this themselves it would be better... Let's blame Artoon for now.

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
M3 Lite settings anyone? Haven't tried it yet but just so that I don't need to keep taking my SD card in and out.

Ery

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't get the game to works on my M3 MINI SD.
I did the settings.. still don't works.tested other settings..still does not works!

TM_Sephiroth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I wonder If really have Wi-Fi...
Maybe after finishing tha game...
rolleyes.gif

----------

Anyway, for G6 Lites users:

Using version 4.6a, I tried SafeMode...and WhiteScreens...

Then, tried DoFat + Force, NO Trimm and NO SoftReset...

I THINK that works with "Safe + Force" too...

jimmyjam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone got the 'big' coin in W1 L2? Please don't tell me it's from doing the flutter jump for a certain length? Can't find it anywhere else.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I don't like the new animation when he kicks his feet in the air, the one on the GBA was perfect. And walking up on stairs -> seriusly wtf?

Also Baby marios cry sounds weird.

Well, sh_t, that tears it. I'm not even gonna bother with this game.
tongue.gif

Seriously, some of you guys are waaaaaaay too critical - every time a big release comes along all you can do is bitch yourselves and everyone else here into a depression over how lame the game is because the grass isn't the right shade of green, or the music doesn't have a certain twang to it, etc. With sequel games, its always a comparison to the original, and if its too similar to the original then the game sucks (Yoshi's Island), but if its too different from the original the game still sucks (Mvs.DK2).

ferchrissakes, its not like you paid for it. try to enjoy something for once.

dfi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I agree... Its a great game. If you loved Yoshi's Island, this is more of the same, plus you get the mini-games and the museum. And I have no problems with the graphics. I think they look fine.. The use of the 2nd screen is nice too.

Also Baby marios cry sounds weird.

Well, sh_t, that tears it. I'm not even gonna bother with this game.
tongue.gif

Seriously, some of you guys are waaaaaaay too critical - every time a big release comes along all you can do is bitch yourselves and everyone else here into a depression over how lame the game is because the grass isn't the right shade of green, or the music doesn't have a certain twang to it, etc. With sequel games, its always a comparison to the original, and if its too similar to the original then the game sucks (Yoshi's Island), but if its too different from the original the game still sucks (Mvs.DK2).

ferchrissakes, its not like you paid for it. try to enjoy something for once.

[/quote]

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think everything is fine in here! There's too much whining about this! It's just a fine game, and just because it's "more of the same" it doesn't make it bad. I think it looks and sounds fine, not outstanding, just fine. It's a real "pick up and go" game, from where I left YI1 I hop on YI2 intuitively. If you want better graphics and sound, buy a console!

Nero_

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I only pointed out some things about this that I had issues with, that doesn't stop me from enjoying this game. Another 2D platformer is always appreciated. And because I happend to not buy this I can still point out things about it. It's just when you know the original so well you see these things easily (like now the red coins doesn't have a yellow/redness to them). Oh well, I will stop whining now and continue playing the game.

unpaiktable

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is this supposed to automatically save your progress? I have Supercard SD Lite and it always starts from the beginning.. any views? thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.