dfi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Playing the different babies is really fun. One of the reviews/first impressions I read said that it was lame and gimmicky, but I'm really enjoying the different abilities of the babies and how u need to switch between them in order to reach certain areas.

Great game so far, 2d ftw...

XmemphistoX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And I don't like the new animation when he kicks his feet in the air, the one on the GBA was perfect. And walking up on stairs -> seriusly wtf?

Also Baby marios cry sounds weird.

Well, sh_t, that tears it. I'm not even gonna bother with this game.
tongue.gif

Seriously, some of you guys are waaaaaaay too critical - every time a big release comes along all you can do is bitch yourselves and everyone else here into a depression over how lame the game is because the grass isn't the right shade of green, or the music doesn't have a certain twang to it, etc. With sequel games, its always a comparison to the original, and if its too similar to the original then the game sucks (Yoshi's Island), but if its too different from the original the game still sucks (Mvs.DK2).

ferchrissakes, its not like you paid for it. try to enjoy something for once.

Everyone is entitled thier opinion, stop being a nazi and just point out the good things you like about it rather then complain about other peoples posts.

The gameplay is fun, I like the diffrent chars this time around as well as the use of dual screens. The music sounds clear but it dosen't have anything really exciting about it. Music can really make or break a good game.

zidanej

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a G6 Lite with 4.6a firmware and the 4.6b u-disk manager. The only way I've gotten this to work is with "Normal" mode and "No trim". What version firmware are you guys using to be able to use dofat or safe mode?

Tedorama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Supercard SD working and saving fine

Restart - off
Trim - on
Faster play - on
Patch cart access - high

Id agree on the music, Snes + GBA versions soundtrack was much better, so dissapointed when entering the 4th level, expecting the (great) classic music

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
great game! took farrrrrrrrrrrrrr to long for yoshi's island 2 if you ask me!
much thanks to EvlChiken for an early release and tedorama for the SC SD settings

enjoy people no-one make em like nintendo. just takes me back....

gbtemp111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, this is a great time to own a DS. I've been eagerly awaiting this game since E3. I really hope it lives up to my expectations.

I just came back from finishing my final uni exam for this year, I officially have no more uni work to do, Yoshi's Island DS is released, and I'm going to play Wii tomorrow......bliss
biggrin.gif

Maaan, I envy you! I have way too much uni work left, all tough classes leaving me without much gaming time. Poor time management is a tough habit to get over..

Rayout

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah this game is a bit rough around the edges. The graphics and music are just not of the same caliber of the original. However, the gameplay is still the same if not improved. Really wish it was developed in-house though!

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a G6 Lite with 4.6a firmware and the 4.6b u-disk manager. The only way I've gotten this to work is with "Normal" mode and "No trim". What version firmware are you guys using to be able to use dofat or safe mode?

I don't really like that 4.6b G6 manager, it sounds fishy. I still use 4.6a of both and it works terrific with DoFAT, Force R/W, Softreset and Trim. (it works without trim as well, if that's your cup of tea)

SYN7HOR

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It feels like a polished version of the SNES one. Cleaner graphics and different levels. I too miss the music in the original one. Especially that moody cave tune.

The name says it all. It's Yoshi's island for DS. I love it.

Torte

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Far out, the hits just keep on coming! I finish one game for review and bang, another 2 come out, it's crazy! I was planning on giving TotT a go with X-comp's guide, but screw that. Yoshi's Island is one of my 10/10 games ever, Yoshi's Story balled it up big-time, this it seems, is awesome! Gonna go play w/o spoiling any more for myself
tongue.gif

time-warp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yoshi's Island is one of my all time favorite games. I'm so desperate I'm going to try and get my f*cked up G6 lite working again to play this - but I'm pretty sure it's dead. No doubt I'll grab a retail copy of this when it's available.

asher

^ Liar
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
stop whining...
thats why you all download everything
and play nothing... because youre way too critical
with your games...

please shut the fuck up and start enjoying a damn
fine DS game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."