^^ndstitle-1051^^

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This game series has been around since 1985 for various systems.

But anyway, here's a quick start guide beginning from the main screen.

Game Mode
- Scenario Mode
- Free Mode
- Mission Mode

So lets start with Scenario Mode. To the right you'll see 3 boxes in the order of Start, Continue and Resume. Since we just started playing, only the first box will be available. Once you start the game, you have two choices in the first scenario.

1) Funds $3000

Goal:
Prevent the uprising army in the IQ country from advancing.

Victory Condition:
You and your alliance units survive for 25 turns.
Or occupy the enemy's HQ or wipe them out.

2) Funds $2000

Goal:
Support the attack on the IQ country's government.

Victory Condition:
Take over the enemy's HQ in 25 turns or wipe them all out.

I chose the first goal.

First, we begin with the production phase. On the map you have your HQ, the flat building and the small cities you occupy. To start producing units, select your HQ and press A to go to the production screen.

At the top, you have two options. Shelter and Production. On the production screen you can use L/R to scroll between countries to see what units are available for production.

We currently have from the IQ country:

BRDM2 AT3
M109A2
ZSU23-4V1 Slk
IQ Country Transport Truck
IQ Country Refill Truck

Selecting a unit with the D-Pad or stylus will show its stats on the top screen.

In the top box next to the map we have:

Turn
Range
Movement
Range
Fire Power
Effectiveness

Then to the right of the Unit box we have:

Number of Machines
Fuel
Ammo
EXP

Pressing Y will give you the same stats both of the above stats in more detail.

To register a unit for production, press A once you've selected a unit and it will be added to the queue. At the bottom of the touch screen, you'll see that your base can only hold up to a maximum of 5 units, control up to 50 units and has ? amount of funds. Once you've done registering your units for poduction, press B to exit then A to confirm and return to the map.

Select any empty part of the map to bring up a sub menu that consists of:

Unit List
Options
Save
Cancel
End Phase

Choose End Phase to end the production phase and the enemy will make their move. After that, it will be time for your movement phase so you can start moving your units out of your base. When moving your units, you will have the options of Standby, Dismiss and Cancel. Once you're ready, end the phase and you'll be back at the production phase again.

The small cities you occupy on the map are your source of income and in this scenario, gives $500 after each movement phase. They can also refuel your units and shelter a maximum of 2 units. Fuel is important for your mobile machines so be sure to keep them fueled. Besides refueling them in the city or your base, you can produce refill trucks which will automatically do the same thing once in range.

To take over a location, you need to use soldiers. Since soldier's movement range is limited, you can manufacture transport trucks to carry them. To deploy them from your truck during the movement phase, select the truck then the middle option.

Once a soldier arrives at the location you want to take over, you have the options of Occupy, Destroy, Standby, Dismiss and Cancel.

And that's about it for now
tongue.gif

M

multiboy2k

Hey Thanks X_comp for that breakdown on the menus. I have been playing this game, but i only vaguely understood the menus. Feel free to post more translations and info. It is definitely appreciated. This is a good game!

M

multiboy2k

Oh no! it's not working anymore!
The game is locking up on the battle sequences now. I have a supercard sd. Help!

WK416

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
M

multiboy2k

I still havent gotten mine to work. I looked for other dumps, but they are all the same ?bad? dump. Well, in my frustration i dug up the psp version of this game. And, you know what..IT ABSOLUTELY ROCKS!
Looks like a ps2 game in the battle sequences.

So, for all of u guys who have a psp also, you do have an option. Psp version has been out for many months. And, for those who dont import, I hear that is very easy to find in the usual places.

But, i still want the DS version to work. I would rather not have to lug that psp around again. lol. Supercard guys, if you a reading this, PLEASE FIX THIS GAME.

Thanks!
yaynds.gif

lego

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Zorn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tryed A touch of war.
Wanted to play wifi but didn't connect.
Can't you use the Nintendo wifi dongle?

EDIT: hmm... I would realy like to know
where to get these hacked drivers.
pls tell me where to get it

AWESOME_noob

Trophies
XP
Country
yes, me! This game seriously rocks!!
read the faq's for the jap-eng translation on the psp version on gamefaqs website & the game is easy to pickup in no time.
BTW i have set my ingame anin=mations to off so the game runs faster.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1