ROM Hack ndspatch source

chrissieboy1981

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hi guys just new in here, i use the ndspatch.exe alot, but it is not working on alot of new roms.

So just busy for 2 days now, for dev a new patch system to patch more new games.
But can't get it to work, so maybe the source of ndspatch is somewhere out there?
Couldn't find it anywere but maybe someone knows where to get the source??

Also tried to patch some games by hand with my hex editor, but almost always the roms crashes.

Maybe some one knows some documents about the signature of the roms and how to remove these,
and some docs about decompressing the roms to hexedit them.

Hope you guys can help me
wink.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

chrissieboy1981

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
FAST6191 thank you!

This patched are good resources to view, what these patches are doing to the files.

Can anybody tell what these patches are doing?
I know there is some kind of signature added to the roms??

So what needs to be patched in this roms, when i know this , i dont have to find out by my self and save time
smile.gif

Then i can concentrate me on patching new games.

Im busy now with patching animal crossing, but the file is compressed or something.
When i try to patch it with ndspatch, it told me that its compressed, so i think i need to decompress it first.
Because all the hexcodes are very weird, when i watch it in other games wich are not compressed.

Is there any decompression tool available for ds roms? Couldn't find this

Anyway i also tryed the load me, but with all the games i tried none of them worked, even with games wich patched succesfully with ndspatch, are not working with loadme.

For your info i got an efa 256 flash card!

Thanx for your help anyway guys !!

ps: tetris and new mario works perfect, so im going to reverse this patched to see what there doing.

Pochi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

chrissieboy1981

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pochi, dslazy directly crashes when i start it
frown.gif

Also tried it on my girlfriends laptop but also crashes directly.

So i did it just with the ndsloader, but it only can extract al the files from the rom.

But i just want to keep the rom as one file, but only decompressed.

When i use ndspatch it decompressing the rom :

Code:
NDS Patcher v0.1 by ]{ain
Checking if arm9 is compressed...Yes, decompressing...Done
Reindexing NDS...Done
Looking for CARDi_ReadRom signature...
ÂNot found, aborting

here its decompressing the rom and then reindexing it.

When i want to look for the signature, i also must decompressing the rom and then reindexing it, or else i only would see compressed data.

And compressed data doesn't make any sense to me.

So i want to do the same as the nds patches but than look for another signature to patch.

hope you guys can help me
wink.gif

Anyway thank you guys for taking time to help me further!!

chrissieboy1981

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yeah i know but how to do this? wich tool i need? because ndstool only extracts the files, not decompressing it i think?

Another question, are the roms having a signature or is this already removed or skipped by the flashme firmware?

So i dont have to crack the signature but something else in the rom?

Because i did some tests and i always see the same code has been replaced in differtent roms i checked.

The roms where the ndspatch didn't work, have not the same block of code in it wich needs to be replaced.

So i thought this must be the signature code or something, because its the same offset as ndspatch gives???

chrissieboy1981

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Last question about it :

Just compared the New Super Mario Brothers rom with the patched version.
There is really alot of code replaced and added, not just a few blocks but very very big pages long.

Don't believe somebody really programmed so much code to the rom??

So i still think it was first decompressed, then some data is changed and then compressed back.

Then i could be that so much data is changed because of the compression? Am i right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY...