OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well. Me and my bud, were working on our NDSL's. Quick and simple. We had a guide and it was going to go perfect. He has a custom case for his Oynx Black, Which I was going to use his on my White one.

Well I get everything on to mine after he's done disassembling his, my only casualty is that I'm out a power-switch. I turn it on using a paperclip... :/

But his, We have it half-done, the Top is on but and it's all hooked up, it just needs the back, but I did a quick test, touched the battery up with the power, hit the power switch.

The Screen turns white, flashes, then turns off. What is going on?

I did find I have a ribbob out. But as I put it in and lock the clasp on, I have the same result... Am I screwed. I feel bad because it's his and he bought a new DS just for this. A lot of work for a dead DS now. What can I do first, and if possible what shoud I do if the DS is dead? I'm thinking about picking up a used one off eBay quickly.

Thanks,
-Mr. Malice

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well if you cant find a way of fixing it. I recommend having your friend your exchanging his DS and saying it was defective.

popopola

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^ not possible, they already opened it.

hmm.. I believe you are screwed. Unfortunately. You can try and compare your 2 ds' though to see what the problem is.

Mr Malice

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
More non-good news. The ribbon that hooks the touch screen to the board that loops from the bottom to the top of the board, well that chip that holds it down just lost it's power. That piece is screwed beyond belief.

My question. Where may I see about DSL motherboards?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have no idea how ur gonna fix that .

IMO ~ i would go buy a used DS in Ebay and switch the cases or tell him the truth on what happened . hopefully he/she would understand what happened .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/tP_4p2-HkOo?si=YA0-tpAzP26E-P66