Country
Brazil
New model without new DRM?

blink.gif

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe nintendo have just given up? although they claim that DS piracy costs them billions I think its a bit exaggerated because if people had to buy them legally then they wouldn't have 100s like the average flashcart owner so the true costs are a lot lower. I feel sorry for nintendo sometimes, they come up with all this piracy protection for games and in a matter of hours its broken, the worst they've done so far is making us buy another flashcart for the DSi and even then it costs us about £30 then we can steal another £1000 worth of games. Most of the time however I'm too busy playing these pirated games to care
biggrin.gif

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Supersonicmonk said:
Maybe nintendo have just given up? although they claim that DS piracy costs them billions I think its a bit exaggerated because if people had to buy them legally then they wouldn't have 100s like the average flashcart owner so the true costs are a lot lower. I feel sorry for nintendo sometimes, they come up with all this piracy protection for games and in a matter of hours its broken, the worst they've done so far is making us buy another flashcart for the DSi and even then it costs us about £30 then we can steal another £1000 worth of games. Most of the time however I'm too busy playing these pirated games to care
biggrin.gif

It's broken so fast because it is poorly made, I guess.

See PS3 and new PSP models (ok, PSP's firmware have flaws sometimes but the new ones are hardware unhackable until now).

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
What im saying is that its stupid for nintendo to spend money on expensive anti-piracy precautions when realistically piracy itself doesn't cost as much as it says because we wouldn't buy all of these games if there were no flashcarts. If they really wanted to stop piracy all toegether they could do it easily with clever and expesive AP but it would cost far more money than nintendo would get from sales of legit games

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Supersonicmonk said:
What im saying is that its stupid for nintendo to spend money on expensive anti-piracy precautions when realistically piracy itself doesn't cost as much as it says because we wouldn't buy all of these games if there were no flashcarts. If they really wanted to stop piracy all toegether they could do it easily with clever and expesive AP but it would cost far more money than nintendo would get from sales of legit games

Oh, it's true. I've misunderstood your post.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The DSi XL/LL was never hacked. It had the same software as the original DSi.
That's why DSi flashcarts work on the LL.

Since I don't have a DSi yet, this makes me want the XL 50% more. I was originally going to buy the original DSi near Christmas, but I guess I'm going to wait until March (My birthday's in march, anyways).

Arwen20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great news. I hope they don't change anything before it is released in the US. Thanks for the info!

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Yuan said:
New model without new DRM?

blink.gif

QUOTE(Supersonicmonk @ Nov 21 2009, 02:50 PM) Maybe nintendo have just given up?

Think about the time frame they have had between the DSi and the DSi XL. They have had less than a year since the DSi came out in America and Europe (I think) so not much time to develop a new DRM technique outside of the ones currently implemented in the firmware to build into the hardware. The hardware will be identical to a DSi's (I need to find a disassembly but I think it will be almost exact) therefore no new techniques in there, it runs DSi firmware therefore any new DRM that had been developed would have been released as a firmware update for the DSi first.

Basically none of you guys should be surprised the 1.4 capable cards work

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Awesome!, Improved piracy? Blah! This can mean Nintendo was lazy enough to improve the piracy or they already know piracy boosts console sales... Ahh whatever, Now i'll save for the America release.

Thanks to the testers.
yaynds.gif

33.jpg

^ The games look hell ugly... ohhhh.... /sarcasm

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I will definitely pick up the DSi LL now.
Although I may just also pick up the regular DSi along with it.

How much is it in yen by the way?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: New Myoo.