NDSGBA Problems

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by kthnxshwn, May 2, 2010.

May 2, 2010

NDSGBA Problems by kthnxshwn at 10:59 AM (1,282 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. kthnxshwn
    OP

Banned kthnxshwn Banned

United States
    So there's a few problems that I'm having with NDSGBA and Google is obviously having an affair with me and doesn't feel like helping one bit. First problem is that when I play Mother 3 and meet a save frog (you know what I mean if you played the game) and save, it'll show that it's saved right then and there and the box will update with the current info of where I a etc etc. However when I leave the emu, or load the game back up and choose to Load, I almost soil myself to notice that the save is one that I made while playing the game on VBA from my Mac. Crazy? Indeed.

Another problem is that when I try to start Super Mario Advanced 4 is goes all bananas on me and claims that I have a corrupt save, and thus it can't start. This is either some crazy form of witchcraft or my game is simply communist.

Other problems are with Pokemon games. I'm sure if you've emulated a game you know the 1M circuit board error before you can even make that quick smile when you hear that Pokemon theme song. It's probably the least of all my problems, but I find it incredibly annoying that I have to act like Chuck Norris and EBM's love child just to make make sure I don't explode since I can't play some Super Mario or save correctly in Mother 3.

Any help is appreciated.

2. kthnxshwn
    OP

Banned kthnxshwn Banned

United States
    You guys sadden the gamer inside of me.

3. Potticus

Member Potticus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

We're all Communist, and it is apparent you don't like our kind.

4. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    Why are you using google when you need to be using the search function here. You get more specific information that way. Google is for GENERAL info.

As for your other problems, those are all things we already covered if you used the search.
    The iplayer threads can be found here: http://gbatemp.net/f95-other-flashing-hardware-software
    I suggest you search in that subsection. And yes there is a list of games tested that work and don't work.

As for your other comment, this isn't twitter or customer service.

5. kthnxshwn
    OP

Banned kthnxshwn Banned

United States
    I didn't ask all that. Thanks for being a general internet douchebag though.

6. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    Let's leave the flaming out of the thread.

7. Killermech

Member Killermech Cookie Monster

Sweden
    The GBA emulator iPlayer is basically a port of GPSP (GBA emulator for the PSP).
    Now the beauty of this, is that you can use the latest game_config.txt file from the newest version of GPSP and it will work on the NDSGBA emulator.
    Don't know what the latest GPSP version is, but the one I downloaded back then is UO GPSP Kai 3.4 Test 3, which was the latest back then.
    Once you get it, copy the game_config.txt file and put it in the NDSGBA folder. Then start it up and be amazed over how suddenly the compatibility
    is increased by like 40%. Saves will be working in most games and the speed will have increased by alot.

If you want to test if the file is working as intended. Then run Mario Golf first. It will be really slow in the selection screen. Then put the file and start the game again.
    If there is no slowdown during the selection screen, then it's working.
    Although I haven't tested Mother3 myself, but I assume it has already been fixed in GPSP, so it's worth a shot.
    But I have been playing Super Mario Advanced 4 fine.