Homebrew Nds Web Browser

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of the DS web browsers support flash video like Youtube. The rest of the web is mostly accessible depending on the browser you use.

Okiwi and Bunjalloo and the "links -g" browser of DSLinux all operate on the DS hardware itself and its 4 MB of RAM. DSLinux uses any external slot-2 RAM it can find, which is necessary if you want to use the graphical version of Links. All of them are slow, though the official Opera browser is the most accurate.

Honestly, while the DS web browsers worked for me in highschool, I abandoned them the moment I got an iPhone. It still renders pages slowly, but it's so much better than the DS browsers that it makes me wonder how I put up with it for all those years.

EDIT: use Costello's DSHobro for the difficult pages, as demo'd at this Youtube link, but don't expect Youtube on the DS. Netflix on the 3DS is the closest to that.

iSubaru

Kitsune
Trophies
Website
clash-of-gods.netau.net
XP
Country
Poland
I don't want to be rude but it's nothing odd that iPhone renders network better...
for 3G version it's:
412 MHz VS 67+33 MHz
256 MB RAM VS 4 + 8/16 MB RAM
&c.
Actually it would be surprise if iPhone would render network slower :P
Also DS probably doesn't has enough power to eat flash videos from YT...unless there would be application like the one on iPhone that would focuss on YouTube and only on that, then *MAYBE* (just maybe, not sure)
3DS however has sure as hell enough power to show YouTube videos and eat some popcorn meantime

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.