NDS Undubs + USRCHEAT.DAT problem

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by peppero01, Sep 17, 2009.

Sep 17, 2009
  1. peppero01
    OP

    Newcomer peppero01 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2009
    Messages:
    16
    Country:
    Korea, South
    Before I get flamed, I already searched the forums and did the following:
    1) I understand that when undubbing or modifying a rom, the game ID will change.
    2) As such, I downloaded the latest R4CCE from Yasu's website, opened the program, and used the "..." button to change the game ID.
    3) Saved the USRCHEAT.DAT file, loaded it onto my R4 with the latest Ysmenu.

    After doing all this, the Cheat button still doesn't show up on the undubbed games. Am I doing something wrong?
     
  2. BoxShot

    Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2008
    Messages:
    3,447
    Location:
    Middle of the ocean.
    Country:
    United States
    AFAIK No you aren't doing something wrong because that's what I do and it works for me on my acekard. I can't help really [​IMG]
     
  3. mrfatso

    Member mrfatso That guy!!

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2008
    Messages:
    4,932
    Location:
    @Your Home,behind the sofa
    Country:
    Singapore
    same here, that's what i usually do and it usually works most of the time, the only time codes dont show up was cos there isn't code for that game.

    So, i have no idea how to help. Hmm, noob question, but say if u tried this on your old r4 firmware, did the code show up?
     
  4. syko5150

    Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2009
    Messages:
    3,091
    Location:
    California
    Country:
    United States
    what game are you trying to undub? that way i can test it out on my old R4
     
  5. peppero01
    OP

    Newcomer peppero01 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2009
    Messages:
    16
    Country:
    Korea, South
    Alright, I have a question. I don't think it really matters, but I changed the game ID of the (U)/USA versions of the cheats that are already in the USRCHEAT.DAT and left "Game Enabled" checked.

    I don't think the first step matters--even if I changed the game ID of the Japanese region cheats, it should still show up since I'm guessing it detects the game by its ID (the cheats just wouldn't be compatible). I could be wrong though.

    Posts merged

    Two games actually... FFIV and Disgaea.
     
  6. syko5150

    Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2009
    Messages:
    3,091
    Location:
    California
    Country:
    United States
    ok give me a bit i actually have those games already both undubbed versions let me just transfer them from ak2i to r4 ill be back in a bit

    Edit:ok for Disgaea my ID is CDGE-5D98EC3A it's working fine all cheats show on R4 using 1.18 kernel i am using Cheat.dat i just deleted all the games i don't use and changed the ID for it and it worked...as for FFIV i thought i had it undubbed but its just the plain english i'm downloading them again to undub and try it i'll be back with the results.
     
  7. peppero01
    OP

    Newcomer peppero01 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2009
    Messages:
    16
    Country:
    Korea, South
    Hmm :T Strange, I have the same game ID for Disgaea too. No dice. I'm going to try a reformat of the MicroSD card.
     
  8. syko5150

    Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2009
    Messages:
    3,091
    Location:
    California
    Country:
    United States
    try to use just the cheat.dat file and change the ID for disgaea in that rather then the usrcheat.dat file it might not help but its worth a shot also as i stated i'm not using ysmenu i dont know if thats the problem or not.

    Edit:Game ID for FFIV is YF4E-3CEFAEA4 haven't tested on R4 yet will come back in a bit to see if works on R4.
     
  9. peppero01
    OP

    Newcomer peppero01 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2009
    Messages:
    16
    Country:
    Korea, South
    Ah ha... I finally got it to work. It was a really, really stupid error on my part. I saved the USRCHEAT.DAT file, but placed it in the wrong directory of my MicroSD. I thought it was the root directory, but it belongs in the TTMenu folder (YsMenu setup is basically DSTT).
     
  10. syko5150

    Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2009
    Messages:
    3,091
    Location:
    California
    Country:
    United States
    haha well thats good to know glad you got it to work =P
     

Share This Page