I made this application which is capable of translating games on the fly: Aerobush Screenshot Translator Version 1.35 Basically, it builds an array of characters based on the font files, and polls the system clipboard for changes. Every time you hit alt+printscreen, for instance, it will attempt to translate the screenshot you just took. You can then edit the Japanese text if there's any errors and re-translate it. However, right now it's a bit dependent on exact character matching, and creating fonts from nds roms is rather tedious when I can't extract the font file in the rom into an image. Right now I'm basically using the character naming screen to create two fonts (one that's used in the creation screen and one that's used in general dialog in the game). I would love to do fuzzy OCR, but some of the small fonts are so stylistic they barely resemble the original Japanese characters. Edit: New version available! The application now takes only 0.25 seconds to translate the average emulator screenshot, and 10 seconds to translate an entire 1920x1200 screenshot. It's also much easier to use; the config file is not needed anymore. You only need to create the font files. More improvements are on the way... Re-edit: The current version supports multiple languages for input and output and fixes some issues that caused text to not line up properly. I would like to make the text output separated into frames based on how the text is arranged on the screen, but that's just cake at this point. All the really hard stuff is *done*. Edit 3: I did numerous tweaks and bug fixes, and I also added all the fonts for Tingle's Balloon Trip. I basically messed around with the address ranges that point to the fonts in order to control the fonts displayed on the character selection screen. Took some time, but I think it's worth it.