NDS NOOB HERE need help with ak2

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by pitbullero88, Nov 6, 2008.

Nov 6, 2008
  1. pitbullero88
    OP

Newcomer pitbullero88 Newbie

Philippines
    need help with my ak2,..

i already placed the ak2 loader files inside the SD. created a folder "GAMES". saved 1 game

i tried to load the ak2 but then it gives me the menu micro sd and slot 2 card.

i choosed micro sd ofcourse. after that the GAMES folder that i created is there.. selected games folder.. after that one selected the only game that i saved. and it

tells me PROCESSING DO NOT POWER OFF.. after that one it wont play. stays like that forever..

help

thanks//

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    There are several possibilities.

Did you use "safely remove hardware" to remove your microSD card from your computer? If not your microSD card is probably corrupt and you'll need to reformat it and start over.

Your game file might be bad. Does your game file end in ".nds"? If not, you didn't unarchive it correctly.

Maybe your game is corrupt. Try a different game and see if you get the same results.

-Bri

3. pitbullero88
    OP

Philippines
    okay..

ill reformat it now..

whats next? what firmware or OS or loader software version do i need to download to be installed in my sd..?

im using acekard 2

2 gig microsd

thanks

4. Bri

United States
    Did you forget to use the "safely remove hardware" utility before you removed your microSD card?

You should reformat your microSD card using the Panasonic formatter in FAT16 (not FAT32).

Until you get it working, just use the latest official firmware (4.11) from acekard.com.

Once you've confirmed that it works, you can delete the official firmware (delete the "__ak2" folder and "akmenu4.nds" file from your microSD card) and install AKAIO firmware instead. It has useful features that the official firmware doesn't have, but otherwise looks very similar to the official firmware. Get the latest AKAIO here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=3104

Since AKAIO contains an older loader, you'll want to set it up so that it can use the newer loader from the official firmware with AKAIO. Grab the file "akmenu4.nds" from the OFFICIAL firmware and rename it to something like "ak2_411.nds". Then put the renamed official loader into the "__aio/ak2loader" folder on your microSD card. That will allow you to set an option for newer ROMs so that they load using the newest loader.

-Bri

5. pitbullero88
    OP

Philippines
    tried both bri..

tried it with panasonic formatter.. just like you said.. but it didnt provide me any option of which too choose from fat 16 or fat32.. only FAT.

still doesnt work..

s1 slot keeps blinking..

after that it still wont load..

got the micro SD. inserted into my card reader.. the folders still there but when i opened the folders it says corrupted

tried it twice. still the same.

6. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    if the folder is still there the format didn't reformat the card

start > run > format G: /Q /A:64k /FS:FAT

where "G" is the letter of your msd drive. that will give you a fat16 format with 64k cluster sizes. windows two options are FAT and FAT32, FAT is 16 bit. the difference is basically that fat is faster than fat32.

if after the format your card still displays being corrupt run scan disk on it. you might have to repair some sectors.

feel like reading?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Allocation_Table
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1373219
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechn...d.mspx?mfr=true

if you are using a msd 1-2gb then fat32 should work just fine, but fat16 is recommended as its faster. all of mine are fat32 and i've not had a single issue including castlevania and quake2ds. if you are using a sdhc 4gb or larger you have to use fat32 as fat16 only supports up to 2gb.

-another world

7. Bri

United States
    I thought you couldn't use scandisk on an SD card. Am I wrong?

-Bri

8. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    lets say its unconfirmed right now. i have read a few tutorials and threads where people talk about doing it. i had assumed based on that, that it works. i have never tried it, and hopefully won't have to.

-another world