Hacking NDS MP3 Player - Need Confirmation

Helloki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bought a MP3 Player for my NDSlite. I am picky with the bad sound quality offered by the regular NDS so I thought this would be a nice gadget to have. I'm not sure as to which website it is purchased on as I asked my sister to by it for me.

The exact product -- http://www.seasmarketing.com/product02.php?tid=4

Everything looks cool. I pop in a microSD(2g Kingstons btw) with a few mp3 files and then plug it into my slot-2. The gadget lights up with its greed LED lightbulb. When I try to use slot-2, my firmware would display "There is no device in slot-2". The same goes if I take out my flash cartridge, just get the greyed out no GBA pak message.

This product was probably made in some shack/hut in China using paperclips and melting plastic bottles with a lighter. Even so, I posted this just in case it is something I'm doing wrong on my behalf (like 1% chance); perhaps there needs to be a specific firmware on the SD card?

Just need a confirmation saying that this product is a scam and the LED light is the only working feature on it. Chances are I just got scammed by some crappy company. Maybe I'll just keep it as a nightlight instead :wtf:

If there is ANYBODY in the world that has seen or bought this product, please gimme some feedback
bow.gif

r4ultra.com

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lol,it is a scam xD

just get moonshell or lmp-ng and your good to go.Grab it here

and btw,r4ultra is an rpg clone,and akaio is not for clones,I suggest getting a real Acekard if you wanna use the latest AKAIO in it

shoptemp is one of the best sites,you should buy it from there

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It probably works like an Ipod shuffle....not screen but still plays music
biggrin.gif

And the GBA slot is just powering it. Nothing much than that. Probably why there's a volume control and earphone plug on it instead of using the ones of the DS lite

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
BlackDave said:
It probably works like an Ipod shuffle....not screen but still plays music
biggrin.gif

And the GBA slot is just powering it. Nothing much than that. Probably why there's a volume control and earphone plug on it instead of using the ones of the DS lite
Exactly what I was thinking. Plug your headphones and microSD in and press play.

Yukito

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Yeah it's probably that, if you look on the box :

On the bottom left it says "Enjoy music while you're playing" meaning that you should be able to play DS Games at the same time.

Helloki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The product looked Chinese sweatshop all over it "Enjoy music while you playing game". It had no instruction manual whatsoever and the back of the box was as helpful as their website (I tossed it ages ago). I also thought about the shuffle idea, but doesn't seem to work. I'll run a test trial when I go home next week.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yukito said:
On the bottom left it says "Enjoy music while you're playing" meaning that you should be able to play DS Games at the same time.

Ooh
wub.gif
reminds me of the Xbox 360
biggrin.gif

TheJorsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to remember there being a mp3 player that looked similar to this one, but this particular site seems fake to me.
And it'd be better to just get a flashcart with moonshell, unless you actually want to listen to the music while you play. If that's what you want then use an actual mp3 player or a cd player or something.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aww man, is this REALLY 100% a scam? One of those things would be so useful to me...

I found one site that has it stock with free shipping, but the price is in Euro, 15.95.

Don't know if I'll buy it since it doesn't work.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure its just powered by the GBA slot, and isn't actually meant to show up on the DS menu. Just plug in headphones and hit the play button on it, see what happens. I remember a while ago seeing a similar radio accessory that was powered by the GBA slot, but other than that was completely independent of the DS, and I think this is the same idea.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Helloki said:
The product looked Chinese sweatshop all over it "Enjoy music while you playing game". It had no instruction manual whatsoever and the back of the box was as helpful as their website (I tossed it ages ago). I also thought about the shuffle idea, but doesn't seem to work. I'll run a test trial when I go home next week.
do not forget to plug your earphones into the player, not into the DS.

Helloki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reformatted my microSD and put a single MP3 file on it. Before it had firmware and NDS files. It FREAKING works!

So, as previous posters stated, this product works like an ipod shuffle. It has 3 buttons and has very few features. Even so, my NDS now doubles as an MP3 player with much better sound quality then the NDS sound jack with LMP-NG.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work