NDS Lite Battery Life

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by steirina, Oct 2, 2009.

Oct 2, 2009

NDS Lite Battery Life by steirina at 2:14 PM (780 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. steirina
    OP

Newcomer steirina Advanced Member

Philippines
    I've heard varying reports of battery life for the NDS Lite, ranging from four hours to nineteen hours, and this takes into account system settings [brightness, sound, wifi-usage et cetera].

However, with my NDS Lite, I only get six hours at the most, and that's with brightness set at the lowest, with no sound and no wifi usage. I'm wondering why my DS Lite has such a short battery life, and what I can do to fix it.
    If it affects anything, I'm using an EDGE and an adapter with my charger [I'm assuming the charger is original since it came with the box. The adapter is generic, but one I need since the charger isn't compatible with the sockets I have at home.]

2. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    how long is your DS Lite?

DONT LET THE POWER DIE or you'll suffer more. When it's red, charge it, dont wait for more hours. this is when you have a new gadget with rechagerable battery.

3. Elunix

Newcomer Elunix Member

Canada
    On the lowest settings, yes, you should be getting the most out of your DS. I think how old your DS is has a lot to do with it, as well as how much you use it. I'm not sure what it is, but I know that Lithium Ion Batteries (like the ones that DS use) have limited charges. It's somewhere in the thousands before you'd have to get it replaced, but it should be noted that there is a decrease in battery life over time. What I mean is that the battery life of your DS when you first purchased it is likely anywhere from 1-4+ hours longer than what it is now. I'm starting to notice it in my DS too, as well as my iPod which runs off Lithium Ion as well. The card has nothing to do with it from what I understand, and the adapter should be functioning in the same manner as if you were just using the charger. You're just experiencing the life cycle of anything lithium-ion powered =P

4. basher11

Member basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

United States
    i heard it was about 500 times of charging until the batteries get to about 70% of battery life.