Homebrew NDS Link

megagodx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The driver for the USB cable used in the ARDSi system. I need some help finding the directory this driver is located in so I can remove it... The current one I have keeps showing up as "Unknown Device" and it's unresponsive to connecting my AR to my code manager. I try to update the "Unknown Device" with the installation CD and it's saying it's incompatible...

I want to completely purge and put a new copy of the driver on there because it was working fine for the first 3 days, after that, it stopped recognizing my AR completely.

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by AR do you mean action replay? if so just get a dang flashcart like acekard 2i it has AR built in.. sorry bout your drivers.. cant help you.. get flashcart and forget the AR.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
[*]Plug in the ARDSi as normal. Ignore any popup messages/errors.[*]Windows XP: Start -> Run -> compmgmt.msc
Windows Vista/7: Start -> type compmgmt.msc[*]On the left side, under System Tools go to Device Manager.[*]You should see some icons on the main/middle window with yellow "/!\"s under "Universal Serial Bus controllers".[*]Right click and select Uninstall for each one.[*]Unplug the ARDSi and restart your computer.

SirCB85

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Demonstryde said:
by AR do you mean action replay? if so just get a dang flashcart like acekard 2i it has AR built in.. sorry bout your drivers.. cant help you.. get flashcart and forget the AR.
Dude, you know the buildin AR of flashcarts don´t actualy work on retailgames but only on roms you load from the flashcart?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
SirCB85 said:
Demonstryde said:
Dude, you know the buildin AR of flashcarts don´t actualy work on retailgames but only on roms you load from the flashcart?
Actually if you're on a DS/Lite, you can use this homebrew to apply AR codes to IRL games from a flash cart.

http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=3961

megagodx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply twiz. I tried your steps, they didn't seem to work, though.

When the computer was installing the device drivers, it installed it as "Unknown Device", not "NDS Link"

laladi.jpg

The thing I don't understand is that it was working perfectly the first few days I had the device (I had it for 2 weeks now), now it just suddenly became unreponsive completely. I would understand if it was a hardware issue with the computer, where no software would fix the problem, but it's not. I just don't understand, that's what's exasperating.

Edit: I'm on a Windows Vista 32-bit Home Basic OS. My system is a Nintendo DSi XL

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
megagodx said:
Is that pic with the ARDSi plugged in? If so, take a pic of the Device Manager with it unplugged.
Which ever one(s) aren't there should be removed (following the steps I listed above).

As for why it stopped working, your guess is as good as mine.
It could be something else you installed or updated.

megagodx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
megagodx said:
Is that pic with the ARDSi plugged in? If so, take a pic of the Device Manager with it unplugged.
Which ever one(s) aren't there should be removed (following the steps I listed above).

As for why it stopped working, your guess is as good as mine.
It could be something else you installed or updated.
The only thing that's different about the list when the DSi isn't connected is that the Unknown Device isn't listed, everything else is unchanged. Although, I think you might be right about some recent updates or some sort interferring with the link establishment. Now if I only knew where to start. Maybe a System Restore might help.

SirCB85

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Rydian said:
SirCB85 said:
Demonstryde said:
Actually if you're on a DS/Lite, you can use this homebrew to apply AR codes to IRL games from a flash cart.

http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=3961
I know that there´s an app for that (lol), but that doesn´t hurt the point that you can´t just out of the blue use the ARSystem thats build in in nearly every flashcard now adays to use the codes on a retail game.
Also I think I read somewhere that nitrohax isn´t even compatable with every flashcart out there? I only tried it once to use Pokesav codes on my retail HG, but iirc it didn´t work at the time very well with either my M3 DS Real, Cyclops Evolution or AK2i, don´t know anymore which one it was ;-)

So yeah, you could use a flashcart combined with a certain piece of homebrew and use this to use ARCodes on a retailgame, but you can´t use the buildinsystem delivered with any given cart like the AK2i to do so and thats all my statement to demonstrydes post said, thats why I specificaly said "the buildin AR of flashcarts" and not just "duh, it´s imposible to use a flashcart as an AR for retailgames".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM