Hacking NDS Game Slowdown?

dpolishsensation

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to decide between a G6 Lite and a SuperCard MicroDS. I've heard that SuperCard plays NDS better but has some compatability issues with certain GBA games. I've also heard that the G6 lite plays GBA perfectly but may have slowdown on certain NDS games. Can anyone clarify this? Also, is there an NDS compatiblity list for the G6?

Hypnotoad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For as long as I've had my G6 Lite, I've had absolutely no slowdown in either DS or GBA games (and I've thrown alot of different roms at it).

[edited to add: I do get slowdown on GBA games when I use my SuperCard though]

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If all you care about is playing NDS games and the occasional GBA rom, then SC is cool. The GBA support is not nearly as bad as people complain about but there are some games that suffer from slowdown.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
No slowdowns here on G6 Lite, and in fact I've never heard anyone say they've seen slowdowns on any G6 so I'm not sure where you heard that information.

ron555

Trophies
XP
Country
There's no slowdowns on the G6L for NDS or GBA. GBA support has been surprisingly good, but if I had to go back I'd buy the Supercard Lite.

The interface on the G6 lite for GBA (and little bit for NDS) makes me wanna vomit. It's slow, clunky, and needs desperate revisions.

The Supercard one is very basic, but at least it's FAST. GBA support on the Supercard is nearly non-existent.

_DiGiTaL_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never heard anything about slowdowns in G6 or Supercard for NDS, i own a Supercard but not G6 Lite mainly cause its only 512MB wich isnt really enough.... for me that is.

Heinrisch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why are people complaining about slowdows? Ok, if you are playing animal xing I can see how it is annoying to wait a couple of seconds every time, but the other games? Like Castlevania; why does it matter if the video is shoppy? the game is perfectly playable!

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So there isnt any slowdown on Yoshi's Island for GBA (I hear this is infamous on the SC). All games run 100% for both GBA and NDS?

I'm currently playing Yoshi's Island 2 on my G6L and no slowdowns at all, runs perfectly. You won't see any slowdowns in DS and GBA games on G6L because of its fast memory compared to media cards.

kalibar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I've gotta echo the "where the fuck did you hear about slowdowns on a G6" sentiment. This card is completely perfect, unlike the other major players. The thing that's interesting is that the M3/G6 team would have never even bothered making the G6 if they thought that they could always get everything to run at unmitigated flawless performance on the M3 with removable media -- it's a limitation of that technology, and they recognize that (although to be fair, the M3 is damn close to the G6 now).

The G6 is a product made for people who will not tolerate slowdown.

mikehammerX9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I'm currently playing Yoshi's Island 2...

Realese date is Nov. 13. 2006
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.