OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It worked! Thanks!

Few other questions...
- Is there a way to reduce the flashing screens and loading bars?
- Would renaming the old .ini interfere with YSMenu use as the flashcard OS?
1. I dunno how, but the loading bar would have to be edited in the YSMenu source, which I believe it's not available.
2. Yes. Running the flashcard with YSMenu will boot the game last ran from a forwarder.

Bobsplosion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I wanted to confirm something.

I'm following your guide, and I've just generated the .dat and .nds from my own .nds files, however it did not generate any forwader .cias.

Am I supposed to keep following the guide and hex editing every single forwarder .nds?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I wanted to confirm something.

I'm following your guide, and I've just generated the .dat and .nds from my own .nds files, however it did not generate any forwader .cias.

Am I supposed to keep following the guide and hex editing every single forwarder .nds?
Move the Forwarder3-DS folder with the .jar file, and run the .jar file. Make sure Java is updated.

Bobsplosion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any version can make the .cias. It's that the application path is too long.
So using the .jar this time, put all the original .nds files in it, fixed the TIDs. Two issues.

When I unwrap certain forwarders they're completely blank; no icon, no name. Just a white box.
More importantly, the ones that do have names boot into an error screen. The R4 itself boots up just fine, and I'm pretty sure I moved the files I needed to move into the microSD. Can you advise?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So using the .jar this time, put all the original .nds files in it, fixed the TIDs. Two issues.

When I unwrap certain forwarders they're completely blank; no icon, no name. Just a white box.
More importantly, the ones that do have names boot into an error screen. The R4 itself boots up just fine, and I'm pretty sure I moved the files I needed to move into the microSD. Can you advise?
Are some of the games ROM hacks?
Are the .DAT files in the flashcard's microSD?

Bobsplosion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are some of the games ROM hacks?
Are the .DAT files in the flashcard's microSD?
My bad, the .dat files weren't in the microSD.

However, now the named icons boot into a menu with all the games listed, instead of immediately booting their game. Is that supposed to happen?
There are no ROM hacks. Booting one of the white icons gives the "an error has occured, power off" error.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My bad, the .dat files weren't in the microSD.

However, now the named icons boot into a menu with all the games listed, instead of immediately booting their game. Is that supposed to happen?
There are no ROM hacks. Booting one of the white icons gives the "an error has occured, power off" error.
Nope. Search for YSMenu.ini in all of your flashcard's microSD card. Rename the ones that aren't in the root.
To fix the white icons, try making the forwarders with their ROM names short.

Bobsplosion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. Search for YSMenu.ini in all of your flashcard's microSD card. Rename the ones that aren't in the root.
To fix the white icons, try making the forwarders with their ROM names short.
Forgive me, I'm not quite sure what you mean. This is my YWMenu.ini. Could you explain exactly what you mean by renaming them?
As for the forwarders, are you saying I should delete the current blank icons, track down which ones they actually are, shorten the actual name of the .nds file, and convert them into forwarders again?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me, I'm not quite sure what you mean. This is my YWMenu.ini. Could you explain exactly what you mean by renaming them?
You mean you don't know how to rename a file?
As for the forwarders, are you saying I should delete the current blank icons, track down which ones they actually are, shorten the actual name of the .nds file, and convert them into forwarders again?
Yes. You know you can change the ROM path in Forwarder3-DS, right?

Bobsplosion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean you don't know how to rename a file?

No no, I'm not that daft, I'm just not sure what I should be renaming, and what I should be renaming them to.

Yes. You know you can change the ROM path in Forwarder3-DS, right?

I just purchased an R4 for the first time today and I've never used software like this. I'm not entirely sure what everything does.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another question. Does the ini used have to be JUST the ROM path? Or can I edit it to include stuff from the other INI? Without the other one, some of the text is a bit odd.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: why