NDS Emulator for Android

Discussion in 'Android' started by Bunie, Apr 5, 2011.

Apr 5, 2011

NDS Emulator for Android by Bunie at 8:28 PM (7,082 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Bunie
    OP

Member Bunie #1 Princess

United States
    NDS EMULATOR FOR ANDROID!? YES! [​IMG]
    http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Android/nds...ews.asp?c=28898
    Costs alot of money, and currently does very little. Also, Google is cracking down on Emulators in the market place.
    What do you guys think? I thought it was Really neat, and when it runs faster and has sound, i may try it out.
    [​IMG]

2. Recorderdude

Member Recorderdude Musician, Animator, Buffoon.

United States
    I can't fathom how an emulator can be sold of a still-currently-being-made competitor's product. That's like selling a Wii emulator for PS3. Or how the colecovision (or was it intellivision?) had an expansion for sale that played atari 2600 games. I mean, N64, sure, it's day is done, but DS?

3. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    Mah, interesting, but flashcards and computer emulators just seem cheaper and easier to use

4. Recorderdude

Member Recorderdude Musician, Animator, Buffoon.

United States
    yeah, I agree with GLCB, an R4 costs six bucks too, and it does it right. Besides, if you're looking to emulate the DS on another handheld, you probably already have one (which would explain your large collection of definetely-ripped-from-your-own-carts-ROMs) or you have a PSP instead and might as well use that to try for shits and giggles anyway since the PSP DS emu is FREE.

5. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Or have all of the above (except the emu of course). Android phone, check. NDS, check. PSP, check. Pile of UMDs and hardly-touched DS carts, check. Bookcase to store them all alongside PS2, PS3, XB, XB360, GC, Wii and PC games (PS1, DC, N64, and older games are stored in a box) and the beginnings of an anime collection, check.

Sure, my collection of games/anime isn't even close to the amount I've downloaded (forget a bookcase, I'd need a library), but nobody can say I'm a filthy pirate who never pays for anything.

6. spinal_cord

Member spinal_cord Knows his stuff

United Kingdom

The Atari 2600 was made using off the shelf parts and no bios, there was absolutely no copyrightable hardware or software inside the 2600 console. The 2600 addon for all of those consoles that had one (there were a few) was basically a full 2600 using that console for input/output, much like the super familator lite. There was nothing Atari (or anyone else) could do about it, there was nothing in the 2600 that Atari actually owned.