Homebrew nds emu

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen this question asked many times and quite often it even gets people calling the op an idiot as if no one would ever possibly want a DS emulator.

Personally, I don't see why, unless there ARE serious hardware limitations, no one has done it. I don't own a DS as I would never be in a position where I'd have time/want to play it. If I'm at home I'd be playing a console, and when I'm commuting someplace I'm driving. But i always read about amazing games coming out for the DS. (ala: scribblenauts). I've never played a DS outside of an emulated enviornment (pc), but I don't see how the wiimote pointer couldn't substitute as a stylus just fine.

Don't get me wrong, I remember buying our first NES console when I was a wee lad. I love me some old school games. But i'm sorry, the random 50 really obscure emulators for old old old ass architecture all put together x5000 wouldn't have even a fraction of the quality games even a crappy DS emulator could run.

Guess I'm all saying is, ya Dig Dug was fun in the 80s, but i'd rather be able to play Bowser's Inside Story. Yaknow?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the DS is like a compact n64 so the wii CAN play it. the hardest part would be emulating the 2 screens with the mote etc but they did it on the PC.

chillta

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
it would be totaly awesome to be able to play every nintendo system on your wii.
i dont own a ds, but every now and then you hear about very interesting games.

there was a thread in march and pushed back up by somebody a few days ago, in the hacking forum, containing a
video everybody (in march) suspected do be a aprils fool, but later someone said he was in contact with the developer.

span

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Arikado (creator of Wii Shooting Gallery, Wiibreaker, and Dop-IOS MOD and many other Wii homebrew projects/libs)
is working on porting DeSmuME to the Wii, alot of progress as been made, you can check out the progress on his blog here:

http://arikadosblog.blogspot.com/

check His older post for more details!

Kind Regards, SPAN...
smile.gif

boomtisk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Being able to play DS games on the Wii would be the bomb. I sometimes wonder why Nintendo doesn't make a "DS Player" for the Wii but I guess the way some features would have to be implemented (such as the mic) might end up coming across as too hack-ish.

By the way, given that the DS really isn't that different from the DS hardware-wise it's kind of weird that DS emulation is so slow on my old-ish PC as it runs N64 games just fine.
blink.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
boomtisk said:
By the way, given that the DS really isn't that different from the DS hardware-wise it's kind of weird that DS emulation is so slow on my old-ish PC as it runs N64 games just fine.
blink.gif

I guess you have your answer regarding NDS emulation on the Wii: unless it is heavily optimized for the Wii Hardware (like Wii64 after 2 years of development compared to Mupen64 original code), it has NO CHANCES to run fullspeed on your Wii: the fact N64 games seems better to you than NDS games does not mean anything, those are two whole different systems and the NDS hardware require more CPU power than N64 hardware to emulate ...

Now, Wii64 take benefits of the (little) similarities between the Wii GX hardware and the N64 Video Hardware, maybe a DS emulator could take benefit of the presence of an ARM processor in the Wii, I dunno... what I know is that it's very unlikely we will ever see a fullspeed NDS emulator on the Wii soon, probably just some quick & unoptimized DSEMUME ports running at 5-10 fps to please hardcore fans and give false hope to the others...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    light27 @ light27: oh it’s the least I could do +1