NDS/DSi hard case fits 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by gumbyx84, Apr 18, 2011.

Apr 18, 2011

NDS/DSi hard case fits 3DS? by gumbyx84 at 1:37 AM (4,579 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. gumbyx84
    OP

Member gumbyx84 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I recently found this hard case at EB/GS and was wondering if it would it the 3DS. I know the dimensions of the 3DS are close to the DSi, but the inserts are "fitted" to the console. If its a little loose that is fine. Im worried that it won't fit at all (I have the Nyko Power Pak+ installed). I'd rather not throw down the $20 on it just to return it, so I thought I'd ask here.

For anyone wondering, there is a non-Pokemon branded version available as well

PS There seems to be a 3DS Hard Case coming out next month, but not sure if it will be the same type of case.

2. SuperTrever

Member SuperTrever GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The 3DS is the size of a DSL so it should fit. I don't know about the Nyko Power Pack though.

3. Snailface

Member Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Antarctica
    I have a DS lite hard case and a soft case and they both fit my 3ds just fine.

4. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    Both cases you are asking about are made by the same company so it's very likely that they will be similar in style. Why not check out the company's website to see if they dont have another case you would like? I personally like the Messenger Bag, but you are more likely to want another hard case =) 3DS Accessories

5. gumbyx84
    OP

United States
    Sadly I have seen all the 3DS cases on the market ATM and none of them look like they will fit the 3DS + Power Pak+. ATM I'm using the soft case that came with the HG/SS accessory pack. Have a feeling I just might wait and see what the 3DS hard case looks like.

6. Alder

Newcomer Alder Newbie

United States
  7. gumbyx84
    OP

United States
    Custom cases like that are not usually cheap though

8. gumbyx84
    OP

United States
    Making a last ditch effort to see if anyone has tried this yet. I have a feeling I will be giving it soon(Found a black one for $15 compared to the $20 for the Pkmn B/W one). Will post pics if anyone cares to see