OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Ok, so I got a DSTT card that looks exactly like this
dstt2__60952_std.jpg
Yeah I know it's probably a fake.

So at first I formatted my 1GB SD card with Panasonic SD formatter (Full (OverWrite) & Format Size Adjustment: On).
Next I downloaded unofficial DSTT firmware from here http://filetrip.net/...7a12-f9076.html
and extracted it to the root of my SD card. Then I also downloaded latest RetroGameFan kernel and extracted it to the root and pressed "Yes" everytime I was prompted whether to replace existing files with the same name. I made a folder called "Games" and put a couple of games there. I inserted the card into the NDS. Doesn't work. I am introduced with the health and safety warning and after that with the default menu telling me that "There is no DS Card inserted".

So, what to do? Is my card bust or can I try to do something else to make it work?

I have also tried formatting the card to FAT, FAT32, NTSC and running the card with the Unofficial DSTT firmware only. Tried to put some cardboard behing the card as some people have reported contact issues. I have never extracted the official kernel to the SD card, so it can't be a killed fake problem. Nothing seems to work.

If it's just broken, can you at least suggest a better card and where to buy it?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Just to be sure, this is a DS or DS Lite, right?
The DSi, DSi XL, and 3DS don't work with older carts like that DSTT model.

Anyways if it's not being detected by the DS itself (and other carts work so you know the slot is functional) and you tried the contact trick, then yeah it sounds dead.

http://gbatemp.net/t290097-which-flash-cart-should-i-get
For a DS/Lite, any of the carts will work, though the original R4 has no SDHC support (so you're limited to 2GB of storage), the Acekard and such are preferred.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.