Gaming NDS couch/hot-seat games

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hi folks, can you recommend the best NDS couch/hot-seat games to me? Therefore from 2 players, but on one device. If possible none that rely on quick touch input. Arcade style games are prefered. Thanks.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Explicitly/formal (thinking NES Mario where after level/death the control is kicked over to the other player) is not so many. Informal then plenty of things will chuck you back to the menu or allow you to play again (Tetris probably being a good example). A few story based affairs will also allow for multiple save slots, but you can also fake that if you are doing the flash cart thing and that is getting beside the point. Similarly if you have a flash cart with savestates you can probably fake something as well (especially as menus to set things up is where you are usually advised to deploy savestates). A flash cart with cheats might also be able to do something for some games (if infinite lives will help if playing pass the controller with a kid that can't play games...).

Warioware had a few interesting minigames that even saw you both playing at once, and about as far from arcade as you can get but Advance Wars should have some measure of pass the device. Worms (get the second rather than the first) as well. Many other turn based strategy things will as well.

Most of the time though with the advent of download play then most things will kick it to another DS, or would have gone straight wifi connection requiring the would be partner to have the game as well.

I can link https://www.co-optimus.com/games.php?system=7&playerCount=2&countDirection=at least# as well but it is less geared for what you want.

I could say I will go have a think about this one but frankly I only ever paid attention to what online options there were, what local play with cart, what download play and less formal stuff. I was also finding DSes for almost nothing before we all got to sit in our houses so there is also that looming.

Reactions: ciaomao

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hi FAST6191, sorry for the late response. Thank you very much for your detailed answer. Yes, despite its many titles, the DS unfortunately doesn't have many that fit my criteria. here are a few more candidates.
Dream Pinball 3D
Boulder Dash Rocks
Geometry Wars : Galaxies
Ketsui Death Label - Kizuna Jigoku-tachi
Space Invaders Extreme 2
Xg Blast!
Advance Wars - Dual Strike
Advance Wars : Dark Conflict
Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2 : March of the Minis
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum