nds-bootstrap loader: Run commercial NDS backups from an SD Card

nds-bootstrap:

Thanks to the work of ahezard, Gericom, Apache, Robz8, _catcatcat, and shutterbug2000 and other contributors, we can now load NDS games from the SD card, without any flashcard/SLOT-1 card.

Don't expect high compatibility, but do expect many, many updates.

:arrow: Compatibility listing:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LRTkXOUXraTMjg1eedz_f7b5jiuyMv2x6e_jY_nyHSc/edit#gid=0

:arrow: The official Discord server for nds-bootstrap:
https://discordapp.com/invite/7bxTQfZ

:arrow: The thread for the recommended loader (by Robz8):
https://gbatemp.net/threads/twloader-ctr-mode-nds-app.448375/

:arrow: SRLoader for softmodded DSis (by Robz8):
https://gbatemp.net/threads/srloader-nds-app-for-dsi.472200/

:arrow: If you're more of a forwarder person:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/

:arrow: Link to the releases page:
https://github.com/ahezard/nds-bootstrap/releases

:arrow: Anti-Piracy patch list by Robz8
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ap-patch-preservation.477536/

Also, thank you to our testers:
Historian
JoshuaDoes
thejsa
Alerdy
PokeAcer

Also, a video thanks to Robz8:

And another thanks to Alerdy:

Last edited by shutterbug2000,

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
Dragon Ball Supersonic Warriors 2 boots but takes a while to do much afterwards sound becomes distorted before title screen so I quit, someone could see if title screen shows up eventually though.

Castlevania Portrait of Ruin boots but after trying to create a save on a nonexistent game card it errors out.

raphamotta

Trophies
XP
Country
That's what i'm trying but i can never get into the first world. I jump into the painting and then it just sits at a white screen and never loads.
The US Version will not load the castle the EU version is the only one that even gets into the castle
Try this one:

Attachments

• 2016-12-28_00-30-13_card@4b08002_bootstrap-dldi.zip
    416.7 KB · Views: 117

TheArcadeStriker

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
That's what i'm trying but i can never get into the first world. I jump into the painting and then it just sits at a white screen and never loads.
The US Version will not load the castle the EU version is the only one that even gets into the castle
Odd. I tested the EU version of SM64 some minutes ago and it did work pretty well (apart from sound crackling), I even got through the castle and to the first world.

raphamotta

Trophies
XP
Country
Odd. I tested the EU version of SM64 some minutes ago and it did work pretty well (apart from sound crackling), I even got through the castle and to the first world.
In some version of bootstrap I had the same problem, only worked with EUR version. With the latest it seems works on both versions

TheArcadeStriker

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Dragon Ball Supersonic Warriors 2 boots but takes a while to do much afterwards sound becomes distorted before title screen so I quit, someone could see if title screen shows up eventually though.
Huh. How many minutes did you wait there to get to the intro? I can't remember how much I waited, like 5 minutes, but I didn't get to the title screen. BTW, if you can get to the intro again, did you try pressing Start to skip the intro?

TheArcadeStriker

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Well this is kinda unexpected. Gave a shot to Nanostray 2 again in the card.v2 official bootstrap, and I waited like 5-6 minutes...and it still stays in a white screen, and I tested both NTR and TWL modes. While it wasn't playable either, the first card.v1 version did show a "Communication Error" screen.

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
Well this is kinda unexpected. Gave a shot to Nanostray 2 again in the card.v2 official bootstrap, and I waited like 5-6 minutes...and it still stays in a white screen, and I tested both NTR and TWL modes. While it wasn't playable either, the first card.v1 version did show a "Communication Error" screen.
I never got to an intro with Dragon Ball Supersonic Warriors 2, just the logo screen with Bandai logo and such

TheArcadeStriker

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I never got to an intro with Dragon Ball Supersonic Warriors 2, just the logo screen with Bandai logo and such
Well, I supposed that was the intro since you mentioned "distorted sound", which should be the intro playing REALLLLY slow (like some bunch of other games).
It did take more than 10 minutes?

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I supposed that was the intro since you mentioned "distorted sound", which should be the intro playing REALLLLY slow (like some bunch of other games).
It did take more than 10 minutes?
Took 2 mins to get to logo screen from error screen about save data being corrupted, then about 3-4 mins to title screen music without title screen, after 3 mins of that annoying distorted music I quit the game.

Zm1231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try this one:
OK so i tried your version and here are my results:
Using twloader to load the EU Version.
If i have a NDS Cart in the slot to allow the game to save i can get into the castle but still cant get into the first world white screen when loading again without a cart in the slot i cant get into the castle it black screens when i enter the castle.

raphamotta

Trophies
XP
Country
OK so i tried your version and here are my results:
Using twloader to load the EU Version.
If i have a NDS Cart in the slot to allow the game to save i can get into the castle but still cant get into the first world white screen when loading again without a cart in the slot i cant get into the castle it black screens when i enter the castle.
Funny with a card inserted I can play the 1st world but crash after finished it. Maybe you need to download another rom, the the trashman rom

Zm1231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny with a card inserted I can play the 1st world but crash after finished it. Maybe you need to download another rom, the the trashman rom
i have the EU (Wet n wild) and the US (Trashman) version i cant get into the first world with the EU one and i cant get into the castle with the US one. unless there is another version

Edit:
So with the posted boot strap both the EU and the US version can get into the castle but i still get white screens when loading the first level

Last edited by Zm1231,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp