battousaiyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys!

This is what I'm trying to do: I've R4 (clone) with YSMenu (I think it's the new version) and I've sucefully made a back up save from my Pokemon Platinum Retail card, made some few changes in PokeSav (time played and start date) and tried to restore it back to the card. When use the Restore section of NDS Backup Tool 3in1 I use the first option (Restore data in card from SAV file), confirm it, change to Pokemon Platinum when asked for it and then it appears that the save in card was deleted and then the sav from flashcard was restored. But when I paly the game, the old save is there...

Any ideas?

Thank ou very much!

battousaiyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, that I don't know. Here is what I've done: After the backup, only 1 file was created in sd:\NDS_Backup (let's say save1.sav). I've moved the save1.sav to the folder which contains PokeSav, used the PokeSav to do the changes on the save, and saved on this same file save1.sav (when I load it to PokeSav again, the changes that I made remains), then I move this save1.sav to the folder sd:\NDS_Backup and then use the NDS Backup Tool 3in1 and try to restore.

D

Deleted-236924

When you backup Platinum's save file with Rudolph's Tool, it only rips out half of it.
That means once you edit it with Pokésav and then restore it, the tool probably puts what you edited into the backup half of the save file.

That means you should convert your save file to 512KB instead of 256KB (Recommended to use an hex editor to copy the whole contents and paste it at the end.)

battousaiyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can rip a 512kb save with the tool (a minor change in .ini of the tool), but this save cannot be changed with PokeSav. I will try cahnging mine 256kb save to 512kb using some hex editor and be back to report.

battousaiyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curious... I used the hex editor and restored tha save and still nothing changed, then I decided to do all again. I backed up (it's correct this verb??) again and when I tried to change things with PokeSav, the changes that I made previously was there!! So the save is restored, but the game don't read it. So, how can I surpass this?

Thank you for you help until here anyways!

battousaiyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, that worked. I've just deleted the save on Pokemon Platinum (pressing UP+SELECT+B on start menu) and then restored my save. The changes made on PokeSav appeared this time. Thank you very much for everyone help.

Ah yes, I've heard that's impossible to backup Heart Gold, it's true?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5