:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Sig'd!

--------------------
What does the PSP have to do with anything?
- Dirtie
biggrin.gif

As long as you keep that avatar IxthusTiger, I'll be happy. Tetris is teh win!

KrAjO720

KrAjO720!!!...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
@ReyVGM

i knew this emulator was going to suck... when i downloaded it was just too small to be a DS emu and not even runs the gba games.... we have to give our hopes to guys like forgotten...

- KrAjO720

Hydra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think calling anyone who is trying to make a DS Emu noob is a little naive, you can't expect great progress yet. Also emulating a 3d machine is far more complex than something that does only 2D. N64 is around the same power as the DS and even it isn't close to being perfectly emulated yet. With added complexity such as mic, touch screen and duel screens I'll be surprised if any 3D game is fully emulated within a year.

Foppzter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
True, it´s not right to call him a noob. What version is the emulator?
If it was version 1.0, you could call him bad things, but since it´s a very EARLY beta (I would prefer to call it a alpha), what did you expect?
But I guess that if you can show us a working DS emu that you have coded, THEN you have a little right to call him a "noob programer"
wink.gif

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think calling anyone who is trying to make a DS Emu noob is a little naive, you can't expect great progress yet. Also emulating a 3d machine is far more complex than something that does only 2D. N64 is around the same power as the DS and even it isn't close to being perfectly emulated yet. With added complexity such as mic, touch screen and duel screens I'll be surprised if any 3D game is fully emulated within a year.
Very true!!! Look for example at the N64 emulators. Every game is built up in another way. So it's very hard to emulate the stuff. Although I do have to say that there shall be alot of non-3d games out (as a matter of fact I believe right now there are more Non-3d games out than 3d games). So emulating could be simpler because of this...

KrAjO720

KrAjO720!!!...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
you are alll guys right, i shouldnt have called him like that... but guys did you read what reyVGM sayd???

read this:

QUOTE said:
>ReyVGM> you should REALLY change the name of that dsemu, every loser and lamer thinks they can play ds roms there... like there even are ds roms yet
>Edam> ReyVGM: I like to confuse people
>ReyVGM> at least a tem name change
>Scorpiove> change it to sdemu
>Scorpiove> lol
>Edam> If I change the name, lots of things would have to change
>VmprHntrD> the name is fine
>VmprHntrD> the DS has the gba processor in it, and you got to start somewhere
>Scorpiove> if he changes it someone else will take it
>ReyVGM> its just a name change, just stop refering to it as a ds emu, nothing major
>Edam> I alreay have a subtitle on the site, >strikeout>DS>/strikeout> / GBA
>ReyVGM> cept the chans get flooded with N00BS asking for ds roms to play on their DSEMU
>ReyVGM> and when we tell them there arent any ds emus they all link to your emu

see... this is not really a DS emulator...

ok now i'll change the word... this one is a "confussing programmer"

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you are alll guys right, i shouldnt have called him like that... but guys did you read what reyVGM sayd???

read this:

QUOTE said:
>ReyVGM> you should REALLY change the name of that dsemu, every loser and lamer thinks they can play ds roms there... like there even are ds roms yet
>Edam> ReyVGM: I like to confuse people
>ReyVGM> at least a tem name change
>Scorpiove> change it to sdemu
>Scorpiove> lol
>Edam> If I change the name, lots of things would have to change
>VmprHntrD> the name is fine
>VmprHntrD> the DS has the gba processor in it, and you got to start somewhere
>Scorpiove> if he changes it someone else will take it
>ReyVGM> its just a name change, just stop refering to it as a ds emu, nothing major
>Edam> I alreay have a subtitle on the site, >strikeout>DS>/strikeout> / GBA
>ReyVGM> cept the chans get flooded with N00BS asking for ds roms to play on their DSEMU
>ReyVGM> and when we tell them there arent any ds emus they all link to your emu

see... this is not really a DS emulator...

ok now i'll change the word... this one is a "confussing programmer"
Will you people get off this guy's back already. Like he said, you gotta start somewhere and he chose the GBA part. Impatient bastards......lol
nyanya.gif

ReyVGM

Game Endings Master
Trophies
Website
www.vgmuseum.com
XP
Country
Heh, that's not the point. The point is the author likes to 'confuse people' and he admitted that he won't get DS emulation for another 10 years.

So he isn't actually starting from somewhere, he is just plain dreaming about DS emulation
tongue.gif

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nice video, I wonder what Vampire Hunter D will say now.
"FAKE!!!!!111"

by the way, it's like I said, he DID rewrite the card
biggrin.gif

I hope this will work for whole different games, too

Edit: well, looking at the video again, he didn't even insert the card...but he did insert some GBA cartridge, and connected the first NDS Slot (where the NDS games are put in) with some cable

looks like we still have to wait quite a bit for a commercial solution
wink.gif

Foppzter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Now that it seems that we can access the DS hardware from the GBA port, do you believe we will see a Snes emulator that can use all buttons, and running fullspeed with sound?

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now that it seems that we can access the DS hardware from the GBA port, do you believe we will see a Snes emulator that can use all buttons, and running fullspeed with sound?
Depends on the programmers out there - if someone is willing to tackle the emulator using the ARM9, or maybe someone that can use both the ARM9 & ARM7 together to reduce the load. About the only thing that would be weird with SNES games might be the resolution, since the DS screens are both 256x192, while the SNES maxed out at 512x448. Other than that, I don't see why not - just need a good programmer willing to try, and of course, willing to be berated and insulted by an impatient community who will expect nothing less than perfection at the first release. :hmm:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica