NDS #0001 - Metroid.Prime.First.Hunt-DF

Foppzter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Looks like Super Mario 64 was just dumped. Only 8.79 MB though. :wtf:
Was´nt Super Mario 64 DS dumped some weeks ago, with the same size?

QUOTEThere is one called DSEmuÂ

DSEmu have been out for how long? Much longer then any dumped roms for the DS...
The people making emu´s need roms to try their works, thereby we have no mu´s for say PS3 yet.
Does anybody remember when the first GBA roms was dumped? No emu existed and people was asking the exactly same questions...

THeLL

Trophies
Website
www.acekard3ds.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
no emu is available, understand this. this is the first rom, so the first emu will be out at least in few weeks, but it could take months. BTW read the older posts before asking questions.
There is one called DSEmu
wink2.gif

Yeah but it sucks
wink.gif

accolon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, i think that's bizarre. I can't imagine a game like Super Mario 64 DS being smaller than a 128mbit roms. it's 9MB when unzipped.
AFAIK the Mario 64 DS ROM floating around the web is fake.

The only "real" DS ROM at the moment seems to be the First Hunt ROM dumped by DarkFader, who is a respected member of the GBAdev forums and seems to know what he is doing.

About the size:
Mario 64 on the N64 was 8 MB in size, so where is the problem? I don't think that the DS version has to be much larger than 64 MBit either.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well from what I know, metroid prime was around 9 MB, what you say is true but you really must keep in mind that it's just a DEMO compared to mario is is (or at least was) supposed to be the complete version and is less that metroid.

el_venga

Handhelds Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
first hunt is 16MB wich is 128 Mb. the so called mario ds rom is 8.79 and its not a true rom cause as said before there is no "mario" word there, unlike first hunt wich has lots of recognized words like NINTENDOlogo1 and 2, the codename of the game, addresses to the files, etc.
i think its not fake at all, if it is fake, darkfader is the best developer out there for actuall makin a rom with lots of known words that should be in the rom.

Foppzter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
One thing is sure.
IF the Metroid Prime First Hunt is a fake, it´s the best looking fake ever, and the maker have had to much free time doing it
wink.gif

skarthebloodchild

Keep It Old School
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
no emu is available, understand this. this is the first rom, so the first emu will be out at least in few weeks, but it could take months. BTW read the older posts before asking questions.
There is one called DSEmu
wink2.gif

would you PLEASE shut up?

QUOTE(Teck- @ Dec 25 2004, 07:11 PM)
Looks like Super Mario 64 was just dumped. Only 8.79 MB though. :wtf:
Yeah, i think that's bizarre. I can't imagine a game like Super Mario 64 DS being smaller than a 128mbit roms. it's 9MB when unzipped. Still i'm not complaining it means that the nds is capable of a lot more then what it currently is doing. It also makes it easier on people downloading or distributing roms when emulators start coming out.
the original SM64 was 8.3MB, so it's not bizarre at all

well, actually that's good news, because it means that the compression is at least as good as the one of N64 games (Conker was larger than most PSX plattformers and had full speech, but it was only 50MB...so there might be comparable DS games, and there'd still be enough room for FMVs)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...