Hacking NBA Street V3 freezes

SirMaximusOwnage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title states, NBA Street V3 freezes at the title screen or shortly after. No idea why. I've tried both GCReEx and DiscEx format with the Gamecube ISO tool with no luck. I updated Dios Mios to 2.10, as well as d2x (Though I think that's for Wii games only?).

I mainly use Configurable USB Loader. I noticed on the Dios Mios compatibility list, it shows to use USB Loader GX, but when I try using that, it shows no games listed, and I cannot switch the default directories from "sd:/games" to "usb:/games" as there is no option to do so under "Custom Directories" or whatever it's called. Nor do I see an option to select partitions.

It should be noted that I use "force NTSC 480P." This is because I use an upscaler with my monitor. It's the only way to view my Wii on my monitor. If this is indeed the problem, I have no way of knowing, as I'll have just a black "no signal" screen without "force NTSC 480P" on.

Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

SirMaximusOwnage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: It seems "force NTSC 480P" is the problem. I only get a black screen because of my limited upscaler while viewing without 480P, but the game sits at the title screen forever without freezing. And I know the button for the options menu, and having tried that, it still doesn't freeze.

Is there a way to turn "force NTSC 480P" on without making the game freeze? Is this just a problem with this game only, or does forcing 480P on non-progressive-by-nature games always cause a crash?

Maybe I should try Dios Mios Lite? Would that make a difference? But then I would have to switch to another SD card because I don't have enough room on the card to fit the game, I think. Can I move all files and folders to another SD card and play Homebrew channels, apps and other things without a difference without bricking my Wii?

So many questions, and no answers yet. =/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy