Hacking NAND Injection

Tsuteto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, quick question. Someone I know has awii that's been bricked that was just given to him because of such. Don't have the original NAND, but could I use my NAND through BootMii (which it does load onto thankfully) without any trouble? Or is there some sort of NAND-Wii specificness that requires the original NAND?

tl;Dr - Best option for unbricking a Wii that goes into BootMii that's been acquired?

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If the wii in question has bootmii as boot2, what i would do is use bootmii to make a nand dump from the wii, i know its bricked but by making a nand dump you will also get the keys. You will need the keys to write a fresh nand onto it, use a program called ohneswarchenneger to build brand new nand. Im sure theres a guide somewhere round here to using that program.

After you have created a fresh nand use bootmii and the keys you got from dumping the bricked nand to write the new nand to the wii.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As long as you can access Bootmii then you are pretty much bulletproof, reading and writing the nand is safe to do and will not mess with your boot2/bootmii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)