Nand Extraction Help

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by mayhem366, Sep 29, 2009.

1. mayhem366
    OP

mayhem366 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2008
    UK
    As some of you may know, my Wii got stolen last week.

Luckily, i installed Bootmii version 3 the day before and did a Nand backup.

What i would like to do is to extract the data out of this backup so i can install the savegames (with Savegame Manager) and the Miis (with Mii Installer) when i replace the Wii. Another option is to use Betwiin but i'd rather stay clear of this.

I have been following this guide:
    NAND Dumping - A Comprehensive Guide
    on the Dolphin site but ran across a big problem...

Obviously i was following the Bootmii method and got to the step requiring the Nand-Key.bin. Unfortunately i was stupid enough not to copy this file off of the SD card when i did the backup and the SD card was left in the wii when it was nicked.

Prior to this question, i am making the assumption that the nand-key.bin is unique to the consoles nand; please correct me if i am wrong.
    So my question is this, without my nand-key.bin and no way of retrieving this....is my backup completely useless?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice