Hacking NAND Dumper or NAND Dumper?

deadrabbit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been trying to get waninkoko's NAND dumper to work within the HBC. Even to go as far as to run sdelfboot through HBC and load the elf that way (which didn't work either!)

I just came across Nuvalo's NAND Dumper - has anyone given it a try?

I read a little bit about it. and it sounds like it is still an early version, but if it works through HBC that would be great!

Im really looking for that peace of mind which comes with havin a NAND backup - encrypted or not..

--UPDATE--

I did a bit more research and it appears that the alternate version does not work through the HBC either. Is this something that will change? Will the NAND Dumper ever see an update? Or is it impossible to run whilst the HBC runs its own functions?

trent_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a reason you want to run the NAND Dumper instead of the FS Dumper? I run Waninkoko's FS Dumper thru the HBC and it works.

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
waninoko's only dumps to sd-gecko. FS-dumper only dumps the decrypted files, useless to repair a full brick. the other nand dumper dumps to front-sd and makes a full nand dump, but is most likely useless as well, since the wii constantly writes to a certain area while it's turned on. the only way to get a 100% proper dump with that area being correct is bushing's method with the infectus, because it freezes the wii so it can't write to the nand.

deadrabbit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
stevey said:
YaWnD: Yet Another Wii NAND Dumper

It was just released today with Front SD card reading/writing and HBC support.

Awesome Stevey, Ill try it now.

Itll just be nice to have something as a backup. Does the NAND have any record of the individual encrypted keys in it, or could you use another persons NAND to rebuild yours (in the future)?

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Arakon said:
the NAND is encrypted with your wii's personal key. you can't use any other NAND on yours.
yea only in the new one, i have my nand unencryped some intresting stuff in there, shame i cant do anything with it like load it back on with some hacks,just a color change to the system menu was all, after looking at it tho, i know everyone gets pissed about this, but if we had custom firmware could we not write a commant to say load vc games from SD like an extention to the internel? or use some homebrew app that can modify the wii for that session

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I would like to see is a version of YaWnD that supports decryption.

Redbird was kind enough to include the source, unlike Waninoko, so it's a good starting point for hacking the internals.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
anyone know why i got a 528Megabyte img file using YaWnD (well WiiMU, but it apparantly uses the same code...)?

shouldn't it be 512Megabytes or is it still ok?....

maybe i should try a dump with YaWnD directly not WiiMU...

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
512 MB + 16 MB for nand-"system stuff".. i.e. space for bad sector replacements, bad sector list, filesystem information, etc.
it's normal for a complete raw image.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I used apollo save tool to activate my ps3 offline so i could play a game that...