Hacking Nand backup

Madzola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a new black wii and am new to this homebrew business, I got everything working with the usb loader but I forgot to make a nand backup.
Can I even make one with the new black wii since I can can only install bootmii as ios?

Madzola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you walk me though it?
rolleyes.gif

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Press Power twice till the sd card is highlighted. Then press RESET and it will show BACKUP and RESTORE. press Backup and it will make a nand.bin file on your sd card.

Madzola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i press the home button in the hbc and launch bootmii the screen flashes glitchy stuff and then it takes me to a screen with the kid from the boondocks and lets me install a custom ios.

Madzola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i went into dop mii and scrolled over to IOS254 and pressed a, then the screen flashed glitchy stuff and took me back to the install custom ios screen.
is that not how you reinstall IOS254?

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Madzola said:
ok you seem to know what you are talking about, can you help me?

Follow his instructions.

QUOTE(DeadlyFoez @ Jun 11 2010 05:24 PM)It's press the power button 3 times until the gears are highlighted, then press reset, and then press reset again (at that point it will be on an icon of a nand chip with an arrow going to an SD card).

@OP, the reason why that is coming up is because you have run the cboot2 installer in the past and that replaces the bootmii files on your SD card. Just delete the bootmii folder off your SD card, then run the hackmii installer again and go to the bootmii option and click "Prepare SD card". Now go back into HBC, press the Home button, and launch bootmii. Now you're fine.

It will display this screen with a lot of squares it will start backing up your NAND. Wait for it to complete and then take your SD card out and keep your NAND and your KEY safe somewhere on the computer or something.

Madzola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so deleting the bootmii folder and running the hackmii installer again will not change anything? I dont want to have to delete everthing and start again because it took me a while to figure out how to get games running off my hard drive and I dont think I could remember what I did to get it to work.

Madzola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright thanks so much, made a nand backup without a problem, is it common not to get any bad blocks?
Anyway, thanks again, is there anything else I can do to be more brick protected or am I good to go?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
listen to deadlyfoez, he knows what he is talking about. he is a master of the wii.

is a nand dump really any good with only bootmii as an ios? lets say you screw up ios70 somehow, and you can still get into priiloader. can you restore using bootmii if you have a dump? as far as i knew you couldn't with bootmii as an ios.

Madzola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright ill keep my backup on my pc and external, If I ever have any problems I'll be sure to come back and ask.
Thanks again.

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
VashTS said:
listen to deadlyfoez, he knows what he is talking about. he is a master of the wii.

is a nand dump really any good with only bootmii as an ios? lets say you screw up ios70 somehow, and you can still get into priiloader. can you restore using bootmii if you have a dump? as far as i knew you couldn't with bootmii as an ios.

Yes, but you will need a GameCube Controller (BootMii -> Gears Icon -> Restore NAND -> Push A.B.X.Y together) and since you can access Priiloader, just load HBC and then install IOS70 patched and you will be running again... BootMii as IOS can restore NAND but be sure not to have a power outage during the restore and remember to reinstall Priiloader after it is done.

I know because I have done a BootMii as IOS restore before and it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1