Hacking NAND Backup with A9LH

RusN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys, I just created a nand backup with a9lh. If i want to restore it which option should i select ? Restore nand or restore nand (keep a9lh)? Is Nand backup includes A9LH ?

Edit: OK, Now i have 2 problems
1- I dumped 2 different nand backups and their sha256 checksum's are different Is this normal?
2- I checked the checksums with a program and this wont corrupt the backup right ?

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Disregard the post above, A9LH is actually included in the NAND backup.
- If you restore a pre-A9LH backup, you have to choose the option with "Keep A9LH", else you will lose it.
- If the backup was created after you install A9LH, then which option doesn't matter. You will keep A9LH anyway.

Reactions: RusN

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Idk about your "2 problems" but when you restore a NAND backup it won't let you do it if the .sha doesn't match and it will warn you if they don't .. The method to use is obviously (keep a9lh) but if you're using Hourglass9 you can't even select anything other than keep a9lh. The A9LH is not in the NAND backup .. if it was that easy we wouldn't need to downgrade to 2.1 to install A9LH.
Your post doesnt make any sense. a9lh payloads are stored in the FIRM partitions of the NAND

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Disregard the post above, A9LH is actually included in the NAND backup.
- If you restore a pre-A9LH backup, you have to choose the option with "Keep A9LH", else you will lose it.
- If the backup was created after you install A9LH, then which option doesn't matter. You will keep A9LH anyway.

If A9LH is included in the backup then are you saying that if you uninstall A9LH, hardmod your console and flash the NAND backup that was made when you had A9LH you will then have A9LH again? Why would anyone do that? Idk, but it's just an example. If the answer to this bizarre scenario is yes, then I've misunderstood and I stand corrected.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later